Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good survival book

Feedback Score

Good survival book

Greetings fellow survivalists, as someone who has been interested in and honed a few skills in wilderness survival over the last 2 and a half years, I would definitally recomend the book SURVIVE! by Les Stroud, the former host of the show on Discovery channel called Survivorman. It is hands down the most "realist" look at the subject and the most well organized. I first thought it was some kind of gimmic or money making excuse, but it is definitely worth reading if you take this subject seriously or just like to be informed.

Just my 2 cents, anyone else read it?

Feedback Score
    I would also like to recommend the book "6 ways in, 12 ways out" organized and published by the U.S Rescue and Special Operations Group. Rock solid group of gentlemen of the highest order, and the book is a no-frills goldmine of the absolute essentials. http://usrsog.org/

Ziptie

Feedback Score
    I just finished reading Survive by Less Stroud, trully a great read !!! Has lots of tips and keeps you well interested throughout the whole book, well put together. I would highly recommend this book be added to a collection. Got mine through Amazon Books for a mear $12.99
    " Strict gun control is an absolute necessity. Without it you just can't hit what you're aiming at"

Sir, we are surrounded on all sides ! Good, now we can attack in all directions...

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I read it back when the book came out. I thought it was a great book, lots of ideas, and humor to keep you going. This reminds me I need to go back and skim over it again. Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ConwayPDOfficer View Post
    I just finished reading Survive by Less Stroud, trully a great read !!! Has lots of tips and keeps you well interested throughout the whole book, well put together. I would highly recommend this book be added to a collection. Got mine through Amazon Books for a mear $12.99
    What does Less have to say on firearms? Unlike some, several of his shows have him with a firearm.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What does Less have to say on firearms? Unlike some, several of his shows have him with a firearm.
    I noticed that too, one time i think he had a pump action rifle, almost like an older Winchester. I could be wrong though, its the episode where him and his friend are out there and he lets his GPS die and has to give off signal shots.

Feedback Score
    There's at least three episodes where he has a gun. One with a friend in the Canadien wilderness I believe he had a shotgun and his friend had some type of carbine - I thought it might have been a pump. When he's in the ice covered arctic he had a nice bolt gun for protection against polar bears. And in another arctic episode that was in the summer he had a shotgun. Looked like some kind of mossberg camo 12 gauge. I am definitely going to get this book. I am a huge Les Stroud fan and I'm ashamed I'd never heard of it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Just finished reading it last night. An excellent book. Lots of great tips. Very good pictures.

Feedback Score
    The SAS survival guide is packed full of great info.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up the show is excellent, so the book must be...

I passed the Les Stroud book in Borders (?) the other day. Should have grabbed it. Next time. Next time.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast