Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Good survival book

Feedback Score
    Outdoor survival skills by Larry Dean Olsen is the best I"ve ever read and I"ve read nearly everything. the SAS book is quite good, tho. The American military one is way too generalized to help you much and way too full of stuff that's meaningless to the non-soldier.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As stated by many, Wiseman's SAS book is a must-have. As well as the U.S. Air Force 64-4.

A book that I rarely (if ever) see mentioned though is Richard Graves's Bushcraft. It was the first book written with the title Bushcraft (not to take anything away from Mors Kochanski -- his book is phenomenal as well) but I learned a lot from Richard Graves's book. Highly recommended. And can still be found on Amazon for five dollars!!

Feedback Score
    I worked as a Backcountry Guide for a few years, and this book was always considered the Bible for folks in the industry. There's a LOT more to the book than just how to negotiate mountains.

Mountaineering - The Freedom of the Hills
    by The Mountaineers Club

You can find it on Thriftbooks.com. Have fun and be safe out there!

Feedback Score
    How to live in the woods, Bradford Angier, How to live off the land, Ragnar Benson, and Outdoor survival skills, by Larry Dean Olsen.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789