Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T

Feedback Score

Leupold Mark 4 CQ/T

What is the word on these? Good, bad? Should one just stick with aimpoint, eotech, or trijicon?

Thanks,
    B

Feedback Score
    I had one for about a month. The glass was pretty good, but it was just too bulky and heavy for my needs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Look around, there has been quite a bit written about them here. They usually come up short, especially when compared to a short dot. I've never used a short dot, so I can't comment on that.

i was issued one awhile back, and used it for a bit, qualed with it, etc.

its OK for what it is, a low power variable. It has a short battery life, is kinda bulky and heavy, no real need for the rails on it, etc
    It does help some with target ID, etc.

Most people who've had other low power variables like them better then the CQ/T, but having one is not a death sentence. You just have to understand it shortcomings.

I was one of the first of my org at the time to get an Aimpoint issued, and it was way better, for what we did, if I could have added a magnifier at the time, i would've been set.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    I carried one for almost 2 years. It was issued to me and at the time I had no choice as far as the options. It was mounted on a HBAR RRA with a Harris bipod and Redi-mag. That combo made it HEAVY as hell. Anyway I got along well with it and found it easy to use other than the cumbersome weight. Very clear glass with an etched reticle. Up close (less than 20 feet or so) I noticed a distortion leading me to believe it is not actually a true 1x at the low setting. The other problem with the reticle is that it is black when not illuminated and white when it is. It tended to wash out under certain circumstances. I had to turn it on a few times during the day due to dark targets on the range. My overall feeling= Its ok. There are better options.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

I liked it

I would trade my ACOG for one but there arent any to trade for.

I know there heavy but I need something with out a BDC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like mine, but I would never use it for CQ/T, just general/varmint shooting.

Feedback Score
    I like mine. As mentioned, a little heavy and bulky, but typical excellent Leupold glass. I haven't had any issues.

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    I like mine but agree with everything above - negatives and positives. I love my Aimpoints but even here I have my CQT on a homebuild SPR. My 16" LWRC upper has a 2MOA with a 3X. There is no comparison that between the two, almost apples and oranges, in clearity of the CQT at magnification and no plumming of the reddot. Also no comparison between the CQT's 1x and the Aimpoint(M3) without the 3x. The Aimpoint here, as with most, way above the rest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast