Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SBR engraving

Feedback Score

SBR engraving

I am getting ready to SBR my Colt. I know I have to have the receiver engraved. Can anybody engrave the receiver or does it have to be some qualified engraver? Also, what part of the receiver do most of you have engraved? Any pics would help. I was thinking in front of the magwell, just below the delta ring.

Feedback Score
    I went with Orion. It's a few bucks and a few weeks wait, but in the bigger picture it didn't matter a whole lot to me. More importantly, I had the engraving done inside the trigger guard. I was surprised (and very pleased) with how UN-noticeable it is. I showed it to Grant last weekend while he was putting parts on and he also commented that most people would handle the rifle and never notice it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A second vote for Orion. I even had them engrave both my SBRs with these shields:

First SBR:

Second SBR:
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 03-26-09 at 13:30.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gk2410 View Post
    I went with Orion. It's a few bucks and a few weeks wait, but in the bigger picture it didn't matter a whole lot to me. More importantly, I had the engraving done inside the trigger guard. I was surprised (and very pleased) with how UN-noticeable it is. I showed it to Grant last weekend while he was putting parts on and he also commented that most people would handle the rifle and never notice it.
    Is it possible for you to post pics of the engraving? I would be interested in this type of engraving as well.

AR-15Tom

Feedback Score
    I'll do that this weekend. You'd be surprised at how unobstrusive yet within required specs the engraving can be. I have seen comments in previous posts about "ruining" a lower with engraving, but I would have no problems "de-regulating" this lower if necessary and keeping it in my collection.

Feedback Score
    I'll do that this weekend. You'd be surprised at how unobstrusive yet within required specs the engraving can be. I have seen comments in previous posts about "ruining" a lower with engraving, but I would have no problems "de-regulating" this lower if necessary and keeping it in my collection.
    Agreed. I had my guy double the depth on mine just to be safe and it's still barely there. I was a bit worried about it. After I used Aluminum Black it blends in well unless you are looking right at it.

I had a local CNC shop do mine.

Feedback Score
    Here's the photo of the Orion engraving inside the trigger guard. I hashed over the name, so it looks a little fuzzy, but detail is actually very sharp, just very hidden. Works very well for me.

Feedback Score
    Here's the photo of the Orion engraving inside the trigger guard. I hashed over the name, so it looks a little fuzzy, but detail is actually very sharp, just very hidden. Works very well for me.
    Who made that lower?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I went with Orion too.

Pretty cheap and fast turnaround.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    What does Orion charge for that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast