Thread: Getting Ready to Order a Trijicon RX30. Anybody Going to Talk Me Out of It?

Feedback Score

Getting Ready to Order a Trijicon RX30. Anybody Going to Talk Me Out of It?

I'm thinking I want to try a reflex sight to replace an old AimPoint Comp M I'm currently using. I've settled on the RX30 to try out, but I'm a little concerned about the 6 MOA dot. Any thoughts on the dot size and the RX30 in general?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlepack View Post
    I'm thinking I want to try a reflex sight to replace an old AimPoint Comp M I'm currently using. I've settled on the RX30 to try out, but I'm a little concerned about the 6 MOA dot. Any thoughts on the dot size and the RX30 in general?
    I like just about everything Trij puts out...except this particular one.

The dot size is perfectly adequate close in, but longer ranges and in bright daylight it can be difficult to use, especially without the filter.

It's ok if you get a good deal, but if you're going to spend the same money as an Aimpoint anyway, I'd stick with a C3.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

I've owned/used the RX30 and IMHO it's the closest thing to the perfect KISS sight currently available. Fiber optics are much more efficient so washout (while still possible) is much harder to achieve. Tritium is very bright making transitions from full bright to full dark much easier, huge FOV through the optic and I found the 6.5moa dot very usable at 200m and even 300m is doable if you do your part.
    However, impacts to the optic are absorbed by the windage & elevation adjustment mechanisms which leads me to question long-term durability and since the reticle is projected from an emitter at the rear of the optic, if dirt/mud/snow/debris falls into the emitter tunnel it kills the reticle until cleared.
    HTH...
    Tomac

Feedback Score
    I'm still up in the air about this. I'm not getting the warm and fuzzies from my research on the RX30 to make it a slam dunk. I may try the Eotech XPS when they are released to wet my appetite for a holo type sight.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I've been running one for quite a while, the 6 MOA isn't an issue. I also have a T1 on another rifle, both are excellent sights. You won't go wrong with either.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would not worry about the 6 MOA size. I prefer a little bit bigger reticle anyhow. These are CQB sights, not long range precision sights.

I prefer the T-1 as I feel it is a better optic,
    You can make the reticle brighter and it has virually Zero washout where even the new RX can have the problem if conditions are there (Murphy's law)

and with a 5 yr battery life, vs a 10 yr Tritium life span, I can get 20 years out of my T-1 and have the same brightness with 4 $2 battery's while the RX will be pretty useless in 20 yrs.

Just my experiece.....

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Edit.
    Last edited by Belloc; 03-02-13 at 02:23.