• New/used M2

55 21.32%
  • new M4

111 43.02%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli-M1,M2, or M4

Feedback Score

Benelli-M1,M2, or M4

I can't stand it anymore, I need 'er want a Benelli! I've wanted an M1 Super90 since HK was importing them. Now I keep handling M4s. What to do, get a used M1, a new M2 or M4? You guys that have 'em show me the light? Can I shoot cheep Wally ammo for practice with an M4?

Feedback Score
    If you can swing an M4, then ad the tube id do that

If not my vote os for the M1S90, I wanted one since I was a kid and just got one last year and I freakin' love it!
    Second Amendment Absolutist!

"Speed costs money, How fast do you want to go?"
    -seen on a speed shop in Michigan

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    I can't stand it anymore, I need 'er want a Benelli! I've wanted an M1 Super90 since HK was importing them. Now I keep handling M4s. What to do, get a used M1, a new M2 or M4? You guys that have 'em show me the light? Can I shoot cheep Wally ammo for practice with an M4?
    I have owned an M4. It was hands-down the most reliable firearm I have owned. Period. That being said:I got it to jam on several occasions:

Limp-wristing it with bird-shot.
    When I replaced the mag-tube with a full-length tube and kept the stock spring and tried shooting heavy loads in it. I upgraded the spring and it was fine again.

Both errors were user-induced and EXTREME circumstances. This thing ate 1-1/8 oz 1200fps target crap all day,from day 1 (some people have issues, but I didn't). Fired 3" slugs with enough accuracy that as I adjusted the sights at 50 yards I literally sawed the paper, jagged .70" wide line through it as I walked onto target.

I cannot say enough good about the M4.

I have no experience with an M2 or other shotguns other than a Winchester 1500 and 870 Wingmaster. However, if I buy another combat shotgun, it will be an M4.

Sorry, not a lot of firearms earn such a fan-boy type response from me, but I just loved the darn thing! Sold it for an AR though. I like AR's a bit more. What can I say?

Here is a video of me doing a mag-dump. 8 shots IIRC.
    http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=28mppu9&s=5
    Last edited by WS6; 03-27-09 at 20:23.

Feedback Score
    What do you intend to do with it? 3-gun? Home defense? Fun/range?

In my experience, with cheap Wally world bird shot, all three models need to be fed at least 1 1/8oz loads. None of them cycle the Federal value pack 1oz 7 1/2 bird shot reliably for me. They all like the value pack 1 1/8 oz 7 1/2 bird shot.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    M4. I shot my buddies M2 along side my M4 with heavy slug loads and the M4 kicked a lot less. That made a believer out of me.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 B Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15 and Glocks.
    YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/Alaskapopo

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Both of my brothers have M1 Super 90s with the tac set up (pistol grip and such). Great shotgun from what I have seen. One of them has not shot but a few rounds through his. I think he was interested in selling it. If you decide to go that route, let me know and I'll see what he wants for it.

Feedback Score
    Esskay, answer to your question would be all of the above. Blake PM sent. The thing that sucks is I'd probably have to sell my 8-shot Browning Auto5........

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast