• new M4

124 44.77%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Benelli-M1,M2, or M4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceriley View Post
    yes.. side saddle made my m3 jam.

but in the magpul video. Costa is using a m1 with a side saddle.. how did he make it cycle???

Whats with the Fasnication with Costa, his resume is not even impressive. There are about 50 other instructors I would spend my money with before him or Magpul Dynamics. The fact that he uses one in a video shows his judgement is suspect. Or it is marketing fluff.

Feedback Score
    Costa is a amateur.... especially when comparing to some of the guys teaching and operating out there.

Sent from my DROIDX

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Whats with the Fasnication with Costa, his resume is not even impressive. There are about 50 other instructors I would spend my money with before him or Magpul Dynamics. The fact that he uses one in a video shows his judgement is suspect. Or it is marketing fluff.
    I think you should be the one to answer that!

you have a fascination with Costa

Im more interested in making my m3 run with a side saddle! I was merely using his video as an example that an m1 would run and not bind using a side saddle.

Costa has his ways.. and I have mine.. but I want a side saddle on my shotgun.
    www.cpra.ph
    Cebu Pistol and Rifle Association

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by c0b2a View Post
    Costa is a amateur.... especially when comparing to some of the guys teaching and operating out there.

Sent from my DROIDX
    Chris Costa is an exceptional shooter and Instructor… Speaking from firsthand knowledge of a class that we both attended, I can say without any reservation that Chris is one of the most gifted students I have ever seen and he dominated the field of other exceptional shooters who were his classmates…

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    I voted for the M1S. I've had one for years (bought it new) and love it. I've never shot or handled an M2, but I have shot a M4. The M4 was nice but I like the feel of the M1S over it. Mine is a keeper!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Get a 21" M2. It's the newer version of the M1. The M4 is a gas gun. The M1/2 is inertia driven and will run much dirtier and longer. Did I mention that the M1/2 is $400-1000 cheaper?

Feedback Score
    Wow, I can't belive I haven't updated this thread. I ended up getting a used HK Import M1s90 @ a Gander Mtn. like I said, just fell in my lap! Damned thing looked like it'd barely been fired....I've since fixed that. I did end up having to sell my 8-shot Auto5 to fund it, but rationalized I'd rarely shoot the thing once I got the Benelli. It went to a good home where it resides with other Auto5s. I got the Benelli this spring. Here she is.

I shot her in the shotgun match @ Knob Creek this spring and had a great time, also picked up a 14" barrel there too for SBS stamp! I've added a DMW ext and safety, Nordic bolt handle & mag support. She's just about perfect, I have a Nordic bolt release, just not sure if I want it on the gun yet. Now I'm also in need of a 21" barrel for 3-gun.......
    Last edited by Falboy; 12-16-10 at 07:48. Reason: forgot something added

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    Wow, I can't belive I haven't updated this thread. I ended up getting a used HK Import M1s90 @ a Gander Mtn. like I said, just fell in my lap! Damned thing looked like it'd barely been fired....I've since fixed that. I did end up having to sell my 8-shot Auto5 to fund it, but rationalized I'd rarely shoot the thing once I got the Benelli. It went to a good home where it resides with other Auto5s. I got the Benelli this spring. Here she is.

I shot her in the shotgun match @ Knob Creek this spring and had a great time, also picked up a 14" barrel there too for SBS stamp! I've added a DMW ext and safety, Nordic bolt handle & mag support. She's just about perfect, I have a Nordic bolt release, just not sure if I want it on the gun yet. Now I'm also in need of a 21" barrel for 3-gun.......
    Have you had the lifter welded up so it doesn't eat your thumb when laoding it? I have my M1 & M2 over at Accurate Iron getting the lifters welded, and bolts lightened so I can run lighter loads. Mike is also modifying the bolts so that I can load one on the carrier to increase the +1 to +2 and so that I can load the mag tube even if the bolt is out of battery. He also has a couple of small things he does internally too but I am not sure exactly what they are they just make it more reliable with a wider range of ammo or dinged up ammo. Smoothing, polishing the old gun smith tricks.

FYI. I tried the Nordic button on my M1. I like the Arredondo or the Daves Metal Works better. I rack the bolt with my dirivng finger by simply sliding my entire left hand backwards catching the larger Nordic charging handle with the dirivng finger. It looks like the same motion you would use to pump a pump shotgun I just come back farther. Anyhow the nordic button sticks out too far and my finger catches it. The other two releases are more flush yet still have oversized width to get more surface area to realease the bolt faster. If that thing gets hung up on my finger it will get hung up on something else when you least expect it. YMMV.

Here is a picture of the bolt lightening job he did on my buddies M2.

Sick isn't it?

Feedback Score
    That is very cool, thanks for the heads up on the Nordic release before I drilled and tapped mine. I actually like the GG&G one but $100- is alot for a bolt release. My gun is set up more for serious social purposes than 3-gun. However I was thinking of sending it to Benny Hill for tune up. I'd really like to put a side saddle on it and a light. Was also thinking about sending the 14" barrel in to have a an RMR mounting pad installed on it..... I'll have to check out that shop you sent yours to.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    That is very cool, thanks for the heads up on the Nordic release before I drilled and tapped mine. I actually like the GG&G one but $100- is alot for a bolt release. My gun is set up more for serious social purposes than 3-gun. However I was thinking of sending it to Benny Hill for tune up. I'd really like to put a side saddle on it and a light. Was also thinking about sending the 14" barrel in to have a an RMR mounting pad installed on it..... I'll have to check out that shop you sent yours to.
    I hear you on the more serious social purposes but if it will run in 3 gun it will be ready for you on the streets. I have never seen one of those GG&G releases and I am guessing its because of the cost. The Arredondo or the Daves metal works like you see in the picture above is the cat's meow.
    Mike at Accurate Iron is like the young Benny Hill. He can do all the Benny stuff and more. He's a Master class USPSA shooter as well as a reserve deputy so he knows how to run a gun too. He shoots and teaches for TDSA which is a training facility out of Tulsa. He just started doing Benelli mods due to the increase in demand becaue of 3 gun. He is now building awesome 2011's as well. He is an expert with the polymer guns like the glocks I shoot or the M&P's. Excellent grip modifications and stuff like that.

Good luck to you!
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 12-16-10 at 16:05.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast