95 34.30%
  • New/used M2

58 20.94%
  • new M4

124 44.77%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Benelli-M1,M2, or M4

Feedback Score
    How is that DMW release held on? The pics I've seen it just appears to be tucked under the forend? I'm not terribly fond of the idea of the plastic button on the Arredondo.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    How is that DMW release held on? The pics I've seen it just appears to be tucked under the forend? I'm not terribly fond of the idea of the plastic button on the Arredondo.
    The DMW tab does jsut tuck under. I can't remeber if it attaches to anything under the hand guard.

You can't even tell the Arredondo is plastic. I don't see how it would ever break but I guess anything is possible. The Arredondo sticks out more than the DMW so it could theoretically catch on something. It can also spin which I did have happen once after my locktight loosened up. No big deal even though it was mid stage. I just nudged it back straight with the round that was about to be loaded in the gun then I dumped the shell in and bumped the button.

The DMW is not as big as the Arredondo so its not as easy to just bump it. The Arredondo's size gives it more leverage to release the bolt. You could nudge the Arredondo on a door frame or barricade or whatever if you had only one hand available. the DMW would require more of a positive well placed bump or you might have to hit it on a edge to release it.

They are both good to go in my opinion. Heck the Nordic is nice too it just sticks out too far to work with my means of bolt manipulation.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceriley View Post
    Im more interested in making my m3 run with a side saddle! I was merely using his video as an example that an m1 would run and not bind using a side saddle.
    A buddy of mine put an M1 PG stock on his Beretta 1201FP (same ID system as M1) and it stopped running target loads like it did with a standard stock. I think you can control the recoil more with the pistol grip stock so that leaves less energy for the ID system.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    A buddy of mine put an M1 PG stock on his Beretta 1201FP (same ID system as M1) and it stopped running target loads like it did with a standard stock. I think you can control the recoil more with the pistol grip stock so that leaves less energy for the ID system.
    I am an idiot! I read that and instantly went into side saddle problem mode. The pistol grips are more likely to cause trouble than the regulr stocks. I belive the cause has to do with the way it is attacehd to the gun. But I can't remember for sure. There has been a lot of discussion on the topic on the Brian Enos forum. There might be info over there. A guy with the screename KurtM will know. Search for his name in the shotgun section with psitol grip or something.
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 12-17-10 at 12:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No shell holder on it.

Feedback Score
    I can't imagine what keeps the DMW lever from falling off? I must be missing something....... I've e:mailed DMW when I orded my ext. from Midway, to make sure I got the right one, he was very helpfull. I'll have to hit him up again. I was on Taran Butler's site and really like the button he has on his M1S90, it's like the Nordic , but smaller.... Don't suppose he'd share?
    Last edited by Falboy; 12-17-10 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Falboy View Post
    I can't imagine what keeps the DMW lever from falling off? I must be missing something....... I've e:mailed DMW when I orded my ext. from Midway, to make sure I got the right one, he was very helpfull. I'll have to hit him up again. I was on Taran Butler's site and really like the button he has on his M1S90, it's like the Nordic , but smaller.... Don't suppose he'd share?
    I just texted my buddy with the gun that is pictured above. He said you cut/file a samll notch into the handguard to hold it from sliding up and down. The forearm itself keeps it from falling out completly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got an M3S90...absolutely love it...eats anything I feed it. They are sweet to own...

Feedback Score
    There was a folding stock M3S90 @ Knob Creek this spring for sale. LE trade in, I wanted it soooo bad. For some reason the dept. had modified it somehow, so it couldn't be pumped???? WTF, I'm sure parts to fix it would of been a pain. But, he sold it anyhow.

Feedback Score
    I loved my old M3....

It was an old cop trade in that was marked as a Heckler & Koch import...

-Tom
    "For the cause that lacks assistance,
    The wrong that needs resistance,
    For the Future in the distance,
    And the Good that I can do"

- George Linnaeus Banks, "What I Live for"

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast