• New/used M2

58 20.94%
  • new M4

124 44.77%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli-M1,M2, or M4

Feedback Score
    Ha! Bought an M4 on the way home today.
    It shoots nice. Cycles very nice and much faster than I expected. I only shot about 10 rounds of #4 and a couple slugs. It has more recoil than I expected and its really loud. It almost sounds more like a rifle somehow. The sights are fantastic. The rear aperture is bigger than I expected but its perfect for a shot gun. Follow up shots are super fast already.
    I'll add a magazine extension first and shoot the crap out of it. I think I'll shoot some turkey with it this weekend.

Phil

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pstrauss View Post
    Esskay,
    thanks for your response. I didn't intend to hijack the thread and fly it into 3-gun land. After some additional googleing I found other posts from you on calguns and other forums that were also very informative. I'm still learning a lot about 3-gun. Shotgun should be the easiest gun for me to shoot but I struggle with my hacked up 870.

I sure like the operation of the M4 over the M1/2 and the price doesn't bother me either. I also like the rail on the M4 but I plan to stay in the limited class so its of limited use. In my short time I have seen some guns with 18" barrel have problems with steel plates. I am still not sure what I will do yet. I found an HK M1 on Gunbroker that I might not be able to resist.
    I HATE THAT POS!

That is the ONE thing I will say bad about this shotgun. The rail is a piece of crap. Pure crap. It is not 1913 spec, it will tear the hell out of any QD mount you put on it (ruined my LaRue), and just in general, sucks. Someone could make some good money making a true 1913 rail for this weapon.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ha! Bought an M4 on the way home today.
    It shoots nice. Cycles very nice and much faster than I expected. I only shot about 10 rounds of #4 and a couple slugs. It has more recoil than I expected and its really loud. It almost sounds more like a rifle somehow. The sights are fantastic. The rear aperture is bigger than I expected but its perfect for a shot gun. Follow up shots are super fast already.
    I'll add a magazine extension first and shoot the crap out of it. I think I'll shoot some turkey with it this weekend.

Phil
    Buy the full-length magazine tube and a new spring. Forget extensions. They suck. Here is a picture of my old set-up (before the LaRue mount died on that POS out of spec rail)

The full-length tube is @$100. The spring can be purchased from a guy on the benelli forums.
    here is his web-site.
    http://www.shop.carriercomp.com/cate...c?categoryId=2

I don't care what you read, you need to upgrade the spring if you want to fire 3" or just stout 2.75" buckshot, or the inertia of the recoil will overcome the ability of the spring to push the shell on top of the carrier. This will cause a jam. It is the ONLY time mine jammed for me other than limp-wristing it 1-handed with bird-shot.

ETA: Buy a Briley speed wrench, it is so much better than the stock POS wrench they send. It keeps the tubes from coming loose after a box of shells. Might save you mucho $$ in damage if you aren't careful.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-02-09 at 21:09.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the tip on the one piece tube. I'll be sure do follow your advice and I'll get the spring too.

What are your thoughts on the over size magazine nuts that increase the capacity by 1?

I think I will also get a couple extended chokes. I'd prefer a 20 or 21" barrel but 19 including an extension should work fine.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thanks for the tip on the one piece tube. I'll be sure do follow your advice and I'll get the spring too.

What are your thoughts on the over size magazine nuts that increase the capacity by 1?

I think I will also get a couple extended chokes. I'd prefer a 20 or 21" barrel but 19 including an extension should work fine.
    Over-size magazine nuts? I am unaware of these, and don't know how they would work considering that there is a keeper wedged in the mag-tube that holds the spring in when the cap is off. You will learn to hate that little keeper.

I have a Carlson's "Full" (.695, rated for steel / hevi-shot) extended choke and a Primos Buck Kicker (.685) ported extended choke (for buckshot) that I would part with if you are interested. They cost me around $30 each and are in as new of a condition as a choke-tube can be that has had a hundred or so rounds through it. PM me an offer if you want 'em.
    Last edited by WS6; 04-03-09 at 01:29.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I HATE THAT POS!

That is the ONE thing I will say bad about this shotgun. The rail is a piece of crap. Pure crap. It is not 1913 spec, it will tear the hell out of any QD mount you put on it (ruined my LaRue), and just in general, sucks. Someone could make some good money making a true 1913 rail for this weapon.
    I have a Mesa Tactical rail shell holder on mine. But I have not yet tried optics.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    posted wrong picture....
    Last edited by SIGguy229; 01-16-10 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have a Mesa Tactical rail shell holder on mine. But I have not yet tried optics.
    Pat
    I tried and removed it. If you tighten them much at all it flexes the reciever and pinches the barrel extension. You tighten it to a few inch pounds and rely on lock-tite basically. I was not a fan. The Mesa rail is the same non M1913 design and will destroy the foot under recoil.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SIGguy229 View Post
    Here's my Benelli M3 Super 90.....any way i can get a different barrel with different chokes?
    That looks more like a Benelli Nova to me. I am not sure about barrel interchangeability with the M3 model.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I tried and removed it. If you tighten them much at all it flexes the reciever and pinches the barrel extension. You tighten it to a few inch pounds and rely on lock-tite basically. I was not a fan. The Mesa rail is the same non M1913 design and will destroy the foot under recoil.
    I have mine torged down as hard as I could by hand with no problems. I have yet to mount optics however. I am very happy with it.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast