58 20.94%
  • new M4

124 44.77%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Benelli-M1,M2, or M4

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have mine torged down as hard as I could by hand with no problems. I have yet to mount optics however. I am very happy with it.
    Pat
    Odd. I called Mesa and they advised me along the lines that I posted. Anything past what I could do using the short part of the allen wrench as a handle flexed the reciever. Maybe they have since modified their design. As I remember it, it sucked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    Over-size magazine nuts? I am unaware of these, and don't know how they would work considering that there is a keeper wedged in the mag-tube that holds the spring in when the cap is off. You will learn to hate that little keeper.
    Nordic Components makes one. Unscrew the end cap, remove the little "keeper" with snap ring pliers, put in a new longer spring and screw on the extension.

http://buy.nordiccomp.com/category.aspx?cid=120

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

That is from Daves metal works.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    [IMG]http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/shotguns/IM001016.jpg[/IG]
    That is from Daves metal works.
    Pat
    DMW makes good stuff. I never ran one and was content with the stock 7-shot tube that I bought for $100+S&H. I guess that one is personal.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    DMW makes good stuff. I never ran one and was content with the stock 7-shot tube that I bought for $100+S&H. I guess that one is personal.
    I don't use it much anymore. I just load the extra round on the shell carrier. In USPSA I am limited to 9 rounds in the gun anyway. But for outlaw matches its fun to have an extra.
    Pat
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I don't use it much anymore. I just load the extra round on the shell carrier. In USPSA I am limited to 9 rounds in the gun anyway. But for outlaw matches its fun to have an extra.
    Pat
    I loved that about the M4. Sorry, I am easily entertained I guess. Great feature though. You all are making me miss my M4. When I get my LaRue build done I will be okay...
    Last edited by WS6; 04-05-09 at 14:43.

Feedback Score
    I see pstrauss went ahead with an M4 already, great gun you'll love it!

In any case, I happened across some points I posted on another forum about the M4 for 3-gun, might as well paste them in here:

Some people do use M4s for 3gun, however:
    * not as much aftermarket support (i.e. parts/accessories for 3-gun and smiths who have done work on them). Also, it's a bit funky in some respects. e.g. Note that the M4's barrel has a ring at the very end of the muzzle for the magazine tube to be secured. If you want 8 rounds in your mag tube (as you really should unless you're shooting Open class), you use a one-round extension (Nordic) in addition to the regular extension.
    * don't know if they even make an M4 barrel with a vent rib. Ghost ring sights are great for shooting slugs but slower for everything else you'll do on a 3-gun stage.
    * potential 922(r) concerns
    * lot more expensive!! This may be the biggest reason you don't see many of them!! Benellis are already pricey enough! And when you have such an expensive & premium shotgun it gets harder to pay someone to start removing material from your receiver & welding/drilling/tapping things! (for 3-gun one of the biggest ways to gain or lose time is loading, and to load fast you'll want to have someone - or do it yourself - weld up the carrier and remove & smooth material around the loading gate. You'll also want to put a larger release lever or button, which involves tapping the current one.)

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Flirted HARD with a nice used, M1 Super 90 (with full length pistol grip stock) last fall locally. Only $750. If I'd HAD it, I'd of GOTTEN it!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I use a benelli m3. works fine with me..7+1+1

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by esskay View Post
    I see pstrauss went ahead with an M4 already, great gun you'll love it!

In any case, I happened across some points I posted on another forum about the M4 for 3-gun, might as well paste them in here:

Some people do use M4s for 3gun, however:
    * not as much aftermarket support (i.e. parts/accessories for 3-gun and smiths who have done work on them). Also, it's a bit funky in some respects. e.g. Note that the M4's barrel has a ring at the very end of the muzzle for the magazine tube to be secured. If you want 8 rounds in your mag tube (as you really should unless you're shooting Open class), you use a one-round extension (Nordic) in addition to the regular extension.
    * don't know if they even make an M4 barrel with a vent rib. Ghost ring sights are great for shooting slugs but slower for everything else you'll do on a 3-gun stage.
    * potential 922(r) concerns
    * lot more expensive!! This may be the biggest reason you don't see many of them!! Benellis are already pricey enough! And when you have such an expensive & premium shotgun it gets harder to pay someone to start removing material from your receiver & welding/drilling/tapping things! (for 3-gun one of the biggest ways to gain or lose time is loading, and to load fast you'll want to have someone - or do it yourself - weld up the carrier and remove & smooth material around the loading gate. You'll also want to put a larger release lever or button, which involves tapping the current one.)
    I use my m4 for three gun. I prefer Ghost Ring sights. You have the same 922 r problems with any imported semi auto shotgun including M1's M2's and M3's. I have a 1 round extension from Daves Metal works that allows me to load 8 in the mag. But most of the time I just load 7+1 +1. The greatly reduced recoil is a huge plus. Of course I am an amateur at 3 gun and not a pro.

Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 04-09-09 at 03:16.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast