Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Taurus 24/7 OSS

Feedback Score
    The trigger really sucks and I mean sucks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have only owned 1 Taurus product, a 24/7 in 9mm, and that was all it took to cure me. Yikes, what a piece of crap. And yes, that's a "sample of one," clearly insufficient to conclude that ALL Taurus pistols are crap. Problem is, I keep hearing the same story from so many others who have tried Taurus. And I don't see any--and I do many ANY--serious "operator" types (people of the caliber of LAV or other current/recent service folks) who are advocating Tauruses.

So I avoid them like the plague, and recommend the same to any friends or family who ask.

Feedback Score
    Heres one to scare you. One of my students bught a Taurus revolver and it had no riffling. It took them 4 months to get him a replacement last year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Heres one to scare you. One of my students bught a Taurus revolver and it had no riffling. It took them 4 months to get him a replacement last year.
    jesus.

*did he ever mention why/what is he looking at for and at what price?
    Last edited by ZDL; 04-01-09 at 03:03.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDL View Post
    Whats he looking for would be the 1st question I would ask before dropping bombs like this.

Are you looking for a cheap range gun or a personal defense tool? I have 24/7 pro .40 as mentioned in the other thread, that I acquired for peanuts. It fits the role I put it into well. Abuse and a loaner. I haven't had a problem with mine but still wouldn't suggest it as a personal defense weapon.
    No offense, friend but this isn't a collectors board like the AK Forum. ALL of the staff and moderators regularly train with some of the most highly regarded instructors in the world. They are a diverse cross section of current and former military personnel, LEO's, private military contractors and defense-minded civilians and competitive shooters.

So if you ask about Pistol X on here, expect people to savage crappy pistols that don't belong in someone's holster on the street.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I'm just pointing out what the mission here is.

M_P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree with Todd.

Why would you even take the chance and mess with a pistol like this when guns like Glocks, S&W's and H&K's exist?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    No offense, friend but this isn't a collectors board like the AK Forum. ALL of the staff and moderators regularly train with some of the most highly regarded instructors in the world. They are a diverse cross section of current and former military personnel, LEO's, private military contractors and defense-minded civilians and competitive shooters.

So if you ask about Pistol X on here, expect people to savage crappy pistols that don't belong in someone's holster on the street.

I'm not trying to start a pissing match, I'm just pointing out what the mission here is.

M_P
    ................. lol

We pride ourselves on disseminating first hand knowledge here yet a few opinions shared here re: this pistol are not.

We ask the same question "whats it going to be used for" re: an AR when someone is asking about a BM or DPMS. But here it's out of line?

I'm a leo and well aware of the mission of this board and have done what I can to continue to support by..... staying in my lane.....

Keeping things on the level here would benefit everyone so lets not disassociate one thing from another simply because they are in a different sub-forum.

I have said I wouldn't implement the weapon in a defense situation. But, if he's got a line on one for $250 or less, like I did, and thinking of using it as a loaner or in another non-defense role.... Might be a decent option at a fair price. This happens to be MY first hand experience.

Copy?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    LOL, indeed.

Copy?

That's good.

M_P

Feedback Score
    My father in law bought one and had nothing but TROUBLE with it. We took it to the range and was shooting it and internal parts came flying out of it not to mention it wasnt very accurate either. I wouldnt waste my money on one. Buy a GLOCK and be happy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZDL View Post
    jesus.

*did he ever mention why/what is he looking at for and at what price?
    I dont copy?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast