Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR: Vickers Tactical 3-Day Pistol, 28-30 Mar 2009, Brady, TX

Feedback Score
    Now Lloyd is being modest. Wayne is absolutely a fantastic shooter and whipped up on all of us. No doubt about it, he's a fantastic shooter and a true gentleman. So the following statement is not intended as a knock on Wayne, just an observation on Lloyd's ability: I noticed in the shoot-offs between Lloyd and Wayne that Lloyd was drawing from concealment. And Wayne just barely beat him. So that is quite a testament to Lloyd's shooting too. I was very impressed.

Kind of seemed to me that Wayne and Lloyd were way out in front in a league of their own.

thetallengineer - you were quite an impressive shooter as well

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinking Dog View Post
    ...I noticed in the shoot-offs between Lloyd and Wayne that Lloyd was drawing from concealment...
    That's just 'cause I'm a wuss and was COLD.

Over the past few years I have shot in several carbine and pistol classes with Wayne as a fellow student. When he talks, I listen and learn. That's one thing about classes like this that people don't often mention: you can often learn almost as much from other students as you learn from the instructor. Wayne's spur of the moment abbreviated Glock armorer course is a good example. I've also learned a few things about tactics from other students - things that are not generally included in the instructors curriculum in a 3-day class like this. The more I learn, the more I realize that I have a LOT MORE to learn.

Feedback Score

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by ashooter View Post
    That's just 'cause I'm a wuss and was COLD.
    Ha ha, cold? Did you see me on TD1? I piled on every shirt I had and Aubrey gave me some hand warmers but I was still shivering like crazy. Made for a fun morning, especially doing the empty case drill in the stiff wind.

I look forward to training with Wayne again some time. Great guy.

Staying at the lodge was a great bonus. Very gracious of the Quinns. Always a treat to be able to have the class together in one spot. The after hours stuff was above and beyond what I expected.

Feedback Score
    Guys,

As usual, I had a great time training and hanging with all of you at this class! As for the eval, I don't recall who was out front because, as we Texas guys say, something "took aholt" of me just before the test began and I had to make a high speed return to the lodge "facilities" or suffer lifelong embarrassment! Did you know you can get up over 50 mph on that gravel ranch road??

I look forward to seeing all of you again and if you find yourself in the mood for more (and harder) LAV pistol work, see this one:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=27747
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor

Aimpoint USA ProStaff

www.hardwiredtacticalshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Hey Lloyd, someone was taking pictures on TD3...are those going to get posted?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Trish's mom took some pics, but Trish was heading to Belize for 3 weeks for an expedition medical course the day after this class. I doubt we'll see any pics before she gets back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12