Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR45 (New Update)

Feedback Score
    So did you come up with the idea in Kosovo or Iraq? Im confused.
    I originally came up with the idea in Kosovo in 2002 but I didn't do anything with the idea. I spent my time working up the idea for the A1 carry handles that CNC Gunsmithing makes. I actually sat down and put my thoughts and design ideas on paper in Iraq in 2004 after a long search for high capacity .45 magazines. The mag search yielded 4 mags, the Thompson, grease gun, Riesing, and the Spectre .45.

I settled on the grease gun mag because they were cheap, very robust, and the center feed worked better with the Oly .45 system.

In 2004, I contacted Justin at CNC Gunsmithing to help me make a prototype. He designed the unique mag catch and made the whole thing work.

Feedback Score
    My friend completed one of Justin's AR45's. I have an Olympic with converted Uzi mags and have been pretty happy with it, until I got a chance to shoot his.

With the GG mags, you get a larger capacity, cheaper mags, and it's as easy to load the last round as it is the first! Forget about a mag loader, you don't need one.

I'm on Justin's list now to get one of his AR45 lowers to complete, and from what I hear, he only needs one or two more people willing to buy. And, the thread on ARFDC lists a manufacturer who is willing to completed and register it for only $75! I'll do it myself, but for anyone who doesn't have access to a milling machine, this is a steal.

Here are a few pics of his:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm in for a completed one of these. I have 40+ GG mags already.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    I'm in for a completed one of these. I have 40+ GG mags already.
    Good luck getting a completed AR45 lower! Ameetec seems to be dragging their feet on the deal, and say they can't make enough money on them as it stands now and want to make changes to the mag catch and go to a forged lower instead. The last thing they posted was that they would like to sell them for around $400, then they said they couldn't make enough money on them.

If you want one, the best thing to do would be to get a 10% from Justin and have the manufacturer posted on ARFDC complete and register it for you for $75. You would still come out ahead than if Ameetec was producing them, and you would have the full quality billet lower with the original mag catch.

Feedback Score
    I just spoke to Warren of Ameetec Arms via email. He has yet to respond to why he never sent payment for the AR45 lower or the barrel. His plan was to replace the lower he took with a preproduction lower and a new barrel from Oly. That was not the agreement. He also does not have a contract authorizing him to make preproduction AR45 lower receivers. He has since made my AR45 lower into a Post Sample full auto lower. Now it is gone.

As of now, Tango Chaser Tactical, LLC and CNCGuns have severed all ties with Ameetec Arms and canceled all verbal contracts and agreements to license the rights to manufacture the AR45 lower receiver. Ameetec Arms does not have the authority or the licensed rights to make any AR45 lowers to include preproduction models.

This did not have to come to this. All that was needed was for Warren Mee to display some integrity and comply with the verbal agreement we had for him to purchase the parts he took from me over 2 months ago.

The rest of this saga can be found on AR15.com.

Tango Chaser, OUT.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TangoChaser View Post
    I just spoke to Warren of Ameetec Arms via email. He has yet to respond to why he never sent payment for the AR45 lower or the barrel. His plan was to replace the lower he took with a preproduction lower and a new barrel from Oly. That was not the agreement. He also does not have a contract authorizing him to make preproduction AR45 lower receivers. He has since made my AR45 lower into a Post Sample full auto lower. Now it is gone.

As of now, Tango Chaser Tactical, LLC and CNCGuns have severed all ties with Ameetec Arms and canceled all verbal contracts and agreements to license the rights to manufacture the AR45 lower receiver. Ameetec Arms does not have the authority or the licensed rights to make any AR45 lowers to include preproduction models.

This did not have to come to this. All that was needed was for Warren Mee to display some integrity and comply with the verbal agreement we had for him to purchase the parts he took from me over 2 months ago.

The rest of this saga can be found on AR15.com.

Tango Chaser, OUT.
    Warren screwing someone??? Say it isn't so!

C4

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Damn sorry to hear that man. Good luck with everything.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    Ok, here we go.

Posted by Warren:
    Ok, now that I can get to a computer while I'm visiting family out of state. Let me start by saying that it was a pleasure working with Tangochaser until his Alzheimer started to set in. First of all, he sent us a couple of lowers for re-anodizing and said that one of them was for us to do with as we wished. Including T&E, photos, advertising, etc. So that's what we did. We had reworked one, engraved it, completed it into a complete rifle, and tested it, and SBRd it. None of which was out of reach from what he said. During our discussions, there was no mention that we couldn't do any of those. In fact, we worked it out to the point that he wanted a replacement from our first run. That was fine by me seeing that he sacrificed one to us for the cause. Now, he says we stole it from him. The options were to replace it or pay for it, and we agreed on replacement. Only to find out that he had remorse and says he wanted money instead. Which is it? Damn dude, make up your mind. Once you give something to someone, it's not tactfull to ask for it back, especially once we've altered it. On another note, he decided to cause this commotion while I was out of state on leave with family. All his complaining and whining while I have not had the chance to answer. THat's just messed up. Money is not the issue and I'll be glad to send it to him. Now that I've explained myself, you all can be the judge.

We will on the other hand be offering an 45acp lower that will be a little different and not infringing on his design. So please stay tuned.
    Now the truth.

Here he says he will buy it. Nuff Said.

Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:58 AM
    To: warren@ameetecarms.com
    Subject: AR45

Warren,

Any luck with the forgings? Did you get a chance to contact my local
    machinist for mag catches?

Have you given any thought to outright buying my AR45 that you SBR'd? I
    mentioned a price in a previous email.

Bill

re: AR45

Sent:
    Tue 4/24/07 8:48 PM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Yeah, I'll call your machinest later this week. We're slammed. I'll buy your lower and pay for it or replace it with another....whichever you want. I'll have to wait til payday as it'll be taken out of my check then. I'll keep you posted.

Warren H. Mee
    Here he says we will settle up next week. Never happened.

Sent:
    Sat 4/28/07 5:22 AM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Yup, got your stuff packed up so I'll send it back along with your receiver that came back from anodizing. It'll go out Monday. Thanks and we'll settle up next week.

Warren H. Mee
    Here he confirms he will buy the barrel. May 1st.

Sent:
    Tue 5/01/07 12:30 AM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Got the lower that was reanodized and upper and parts and stock ready to ship out. I lost your address again. Email it to me so that I can get them back to you and out tomorrow. Thanks. I'll buy the lower and barrel. Thanks

Warren H. Mee

Another blow off on payment.

RE: AR45

Sent:
    Sat 5/05/07 5:30 AM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

I did. I'll have to get some money together to send you for the lower and barrel. thanks Bill and I hope this is somewhat successful so that we can buy some Margaritas. heheh

Warren H. Mee
    I sent this proposal.

Warren,

I have proposal for you. I have in my possesion a 10% AR45 lower in the white. I does have CNC Gunsmithing engraved on it in 2 spots that can be easily wled over and ground flush.

Would you be interested in swapping my lower you still have for this one? This would allow you to have an AR45 lower with no marking except your own. I would really like to have my serial #1 lower back.

If this is no acceptable, can you give me a status on payment for the lower, barrel, and buffer you still have?

Thanks,

Bill
    His answer.

re: AR45 Swap

Sent:
    Sun 5/27/07 12:06 AM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

I'll send you payment this week. Remember I already engraved it AMEETEC and logo and info. Also it's an SBR. I'll send you back your buffer too as I have hundreds of these 45 buffers I made. Thanks

Warren H. Mee
    Payment never sent.

re: AR46 Payment

Sent:
    Sat 6/09/07 7:52 PM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

I got a new barrel and your buffer coming to you next week. And I'll pay for the lower. Thanks

Warren H. Mee
    Basically a lie as in the next post he says he hasn't received the barrel yet and how was he planning to get it to me the next week when he is on vacation? And again he says he will pay for the lower.

RE: AR46 Payment

Sent:
    Mon 6/18/07 5:16 PM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

I'm in Hawaii. Sorry for the lack of communication, but we are making progress with the project. I have not received the barrel yet and was waiting on the other parts to send you the payment and parts together. Didn't mean to be this way, but please accept my sincere apology.

Warren H. Mee
    Don't want your apology, I want the money for the barrel, buffer and lower. You have the buffer, if you have the barel send it and the money and I'll shut up.

And now comes the threat to keep my lower and not pay for it in the next post.

Sent:
    Mon 6/18/07 9:28 PM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

Thanks for the communication. I'm taking time out of my day with my relatives to address your concerns. The reason I ordered more barrels is that I wanted to build more repoir with Olympic with their 45 stuff. I also order more that that. Anyways, I would undue the SBR, but since we last spoke of replacing the lower or paying for it, I went ahead and converted it to a POST Dealer sample to run in full auto to see if it could handle that, since I had some local PDs requesting this research to find out whether or not it could handle it. We are 3-4 weeks away from having a preproduction sample in my hands at which time, I'll send that one to you. I expected the package from OLY to come in by Tuesday last week, but it didn't and I had to fly out on WEDS. So it might be at the shop now. I can go ahead and send the barrel and buffer to you when I get back or have someone go to the shop for me and ship it to you. Please keep me informed.

Warren H. Mee
    And, one more "I'll send the money" diatribe.

Sent:
    Tue 6/19/07 4:27 AM
    Reply-to:
    warren@ameetecarms.com

To:
    putnamw@hotmail.com

Bill:

That's fine and I understand you and your partner's view. I'm sorry that it had to go like this, but I'm not making any threats. Just want you to see my point of view. It was my mistake not gettiing the payment out to you on a timely fashion, my bad. Just been slammed with the possibility of 1022 ban arising. We really do have something in the works for the pre-production. If things don't pan out between us, then we'll go ahead and modify our product so that we don't incorporate anything you guys designed. If you'll be so kind to forward me your address, I'll send payment for the lower and have someone send you the barrel that supposedly arrived at our shop in Gilbert.

Take care and best of luck with your product. Sorry things didn't work out.

Warren H. Mee

I didn't know you were on vacation when I started these posts. I found out from another website where you told someone else you were on vacation and it was confirmed by the detective that went to Ameetec Arms looking for you. I was pissed as I couldn't figure out how you were going to ship parts and money from Hawaii and I was pissed that you could pay for a Hawaii trip but not a mere $510 for parts you've been telling me for 2 months you'd buy. All I knew was you blew me off for the fourth time on payment.

It took the Gilbert PD showing up at Ameetec Arms for you to email back and I still don't have my money/parts.

If a barrel, my buffer and $300 show up at my house in the next week, I'll shut up and go away. All I want is reimbursment for the lower you "mistakenly" took as you say you didn't think I wanted it back.

Feedback Score
    Unbelieveable. He's acting the same way about shipping your parts and payment for the lower like he did in his thread about production of the AR45. On again, off again, can't afford it, it's a go, wait a minute, still looking into it.

I'm glad to see his banner's been pulled from ARFDC.

Sorry you're going through all of this crap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Warren screwing someone??? Say it isn't so!

C4
    I sense a total lack of surprise.
    They had no right to win. Yet they did, and in doing so they changed the course of a war...even against the greatest of odds, there is something in the human spirit - a magic blend of skill, faith and valor - that can lift men from certain defeat to incredible victory.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast