Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AR45 (New Update)

Feedback Score
    TangoChaser,

I was wondering if there is going to be a re-design of the bolt catch so the bolt can hold open on the last round.

Feedback Score
    It's not a blot catch problem. It is a mag problem. The GG mags do not have a provision for a last round hold open feature. It is the follower on the mag that actuates the bolt hold open.One could be designed by modifying the mags but that negates the purpose of the AR45. We designed it to use unmodified mags.

The bolt will lock to the rear for loading, youjust have to do it manually.

Feedback Score
    Since there is a continued interest in the AR45 lower receivers, I'm making another run of the 10%'ers. I started the machining this weekend and I hope to have them completed by the end of July. Since I don't have a firearm manufacturing license, I can't complete them to 100%. But you can contact www.khalan.com as they can bring the 10% to 100% for you. You can get more details at the bottom of this link... http://www.cncguns.com/projects/AR45lower.html

Here's a video I took showing the difference between the silenced and un-silenced AR45.... AR45 Video

Thanks,
    Justin

Below is a pic of the 1st operation being machined...

Here's a pic of what the 10%'ers look like...

And here's a pic of my personal AR45 SBR w/ silencer...

Feedback Score
    I just got my e-mail from Khalan Manufacturing today saying my completed AR45, with the DPMS LPK installed, was shipped out to my dealer today. I'll be sure to post pics and a range report soon.

Thanks Tangochaser, Justin and Mitchell for getting this project and partnership together!

I do have one problem though.........I only have 12 GG mags! I need at least 8 more to make me happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    First batch of AR45 lowers are complete and all but a few have been shipped to the customers from Khalan. A second batch is in the works as we speak.

Oly ran out of barrels so I set up a deal with Kurt at KKF to custom make barrles for .45 uppers. He is making a few from blanks on hand but he has already contacted his barrel supplier and they are ramping up for full production within the next few weeks.

I'm still accepting .45 upper orders but there is a 2-3 week turn around as we wait for the barrels to be made.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger View Post
    It's cool, but absolutely the last thing I need is an AR that shoots more expensive ammo.

It's hard enough for me to keep enough .45 around for 1911's.
    With the prices we have today, it is a wash.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Regarding the magazines, does anyone have an opinion on this statement? (found here)

Peter Kokalis wrote that.

Feedback Score
    Anyone got the ARFCOM drama link?

I'm sure it is 20+ pages of bullshit.
    -Razoreye

Feedback Score
    The M3 GG mag being a "weak link". I sure don't see it that way. Tell that to all the people using them to feed .45acp Macs, especially supressed Macs, at over 1100rpm! Dual column mags going to a single column, like the GG does have one advantage over the dual column Uzi style mags. When you drop them, the cartridges don't spurt out of them like a fountain!

I'm loading my GG mags for my AR45 just fine without a mag loader. The only mag I've ever wanted a loader for when loading has been a STEN mag. IMO, especially with the larger size of the .45acp, the GG mags are easy to load without a mag tool. And my mags aren't some old, used mags with weak springs, either. They were mostly NIW until I got my AR45 in a few weeks ago.

If someone decides not to buy an AR45 due to the GG mags, they are definately missing out on the best .45acp AR option out there for what I believe is basically a non-issue.

Feedback Score
    AR45 update.

Warren Mee gets out of federal prison in August. Went to jail over some realestate thing I'm told. Serves him right. He sold Ameetec Arms to the new owner of American Spirit Arms. ASA got Ameetecs entire inventory minus, you guessed it, the AR45 lower he got from me. So where does a felon hide a AR45 lower?

Khalan Weaponry was given authorization to complete AR45 10% lowers to 100% for customers, then promptly screwed most of the customers. He is still sitting on lowers that were paid for back in Sept. 2007. He won't answer phone calls or emails. He said he started shipping lowers from the 2007 batch 2 this last week but most customers have still not seen their lowers.

If anyone here is still interested in an AR45 lower, I recommend you buy a 10% lower from Justin and find a competent machinist to help you finish it. Do not send it to Khalan Weaponry. There is no telling when the batch 3 guys will see thier lowers.

Justin and I are working on a solution.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast