Thread: Light for an 870 Tactical

Feedback Score

Light for an 870 Tactical

I am looking for a light and mount for a Remington 870 Tactical. I was issued one a few months ago and apparently there is no money in the budget this year for equipment (lights). I am totally against spending good skydiving money on work tools but I really need a light preferably inexpensive. Anyone know if a decent light and mount that will work with a pump shotgun action. The last entry I did with my stinger held on the fore grip was less than ideal. Any ideas appreciated.
    Kevin Lynch
    http://reliantpg.com

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shit heads"

Col. Charlie Beckwith commander & founder of Delta Force

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just recently picked up one of those Surefire 870 forends and it seems to be pretty much the only real option for shotgun lights. The only recommendation I would have would be to get the dual switch model so that you can kill the power when you want to (such as when it's kicking around in your trunk or when you're at the range and don't want to worry about hitting the light all the time).

ETA: Drop Grant @ G&R or Kevin @ BrightFlashlights.com a line and I'm sure that either one of them can drop you a killer deal.
    Last edited by MisterWilson; 04-03-09 at 23:08.
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score

Light

That looks like the hot ticket. Thanks
    Kevin Lynch
    http://reliantpg.com

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shit heads"

Col. Charlie Beckwith commander & founder of Delta Force

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The Streamlight TLR-1 has recently been upgraded to a C4 LED. It is a 135 lumen light with a very good pattern, 1.5hr runtime and is virtually shock proof.

I like the one I have on my carbine. I paid about $80 for it about a month ago. Streamlight also makes a good mount that goes on a shotgun mag extension that I think sells for less than $20.

Might be another choice - just be sure you get the new C4 LED version.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I realize this is not exactly on point, but I have been toying with picking up an Ergo Grip/Falcon Industries rail forend for a 870. I would think this would provide plenty of mounting options for a light.

Brownells carries them at:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...OTGUN%20FOREND
    'That whole effort was held together by sweat, shame, and a tiny bit of pride.' -- Son of Commander Paisley

Feedback Score
    I use a Nordic mag clamp with rail on it with a Surefire G2/shock isolation bezel/clicker tail cap. You can get a great deal from G&R tactical on the above package, except the Nordic parts, got those from Brownells.