Thread: FSC556-Accuracy testing?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

FSC556-Accuracy testing?

Hello, curious if anyone has ever done testing with the FSC556 in regards to any effects on accuracy?

Obviously, the components with ammunition and all other equipment/external variables would need to be identical with the exception of the muzzle device.

Interested in the comparison between a standard A2 and the FSC556.

Thanks for any information. I'm waiting for my Douglas 16.5 from Compass Lake. I'm also beating my head on optic choice. Right now I'm leaning on the NF 2.5-10x32 w/zero stop/Mil-dot, nestled in a Larue 104.

Mark
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would be interested as well.... I like them a lot as I have them on 4 different ARs. They make a big difference in follow up shots

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I did a little bit of that, but not rigorous enough, and, most importantly, one significant variable was changed.

I had a BCM 16 inch middy, which came with A2 hider, cut to 14.some with FSC556 permanently attached. I shot some low-end commercial ammo for groups before and after - same ammo, same set-up, similar conditions etc, except bbl was shorter. I used 2 MOA Aimpoint and Hensoldt magnifier, and shot at 50 yards. "Before" groups were about 1.75 MOA, "after" - about 1.25.

I never thought to attribute it to FSC556, though; I thought it was either my performance, or barrel's. Has it been described that muzzle device affected accuracy?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I never noticed any difference with mine. I'm sure if there was an issue someone would have reported it by now.
    "We prepare, so we don't end up at the superdome"- unknown

"IMHO, if you wanted to shoot crap ammo, you should have bought a crap upper. It makes baby Jesus cry when he sees crap ammo put through a nice upper."- C4IGrant

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I doubt it would matter enough to be worth testing. You building a competition gun or something?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    No, It will be a "Recce", barrel will heavy though, no worries over a 1/2 lb.

Douglas Air gauged SS match, 16 1/2" w/matched bolt
    Vltor SS block (to be pinned by ADCO)
    DD 12" Lite rail
    BCM upper
    Either Aero Precision or Tactical Innovations lower (standard) This may get switched for an LMT with 2stage when I find one
    G&R LPK(will do a Geisseli SSA when available)
    Will use a Vltor Clubfoot until I decide on either an LMT SOPMOD or Vltor Emod

Scope is undecided right now.
    More than likely KAC rail mounted front and I have the 600 rear now, if not, Troy's

Mark
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 04-06-09 at 13:02.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Well, Not scientific and there was no comparison done. I shot my BCM middy(barrel) today again, has a NF 1-4 w/ FC-2 reticle. Not a target scope. I just got it built a couple of weeks ago and last Saturday was the first day shooting it, used PMC 55 gr ball at 100 and was getting 2" groups when zeroing. It was at the end of the day of pistol training and I guess after 5 days of 16-18 hour days must have mattered some.

Any how, I wanted to see what my hold overs would be so I started at 2 and worked back to 6. At 6, the reticle is in the air above, but once i figured out the hold over, the 12" plate played a tune. Had no problem hitting all of the way out with the the same ammo- which in theory, is 2 moa at 6. When I got done, I wanted to see what was happening at 100- had ten rounds left. Put 3 into an inch and the last 7 into an inch and 3/8" Nothing to brag about, but for ball ammo and not knowing exactly where the dot is on the 3" target, I'm happy with it.

I was just doubting the muzzle device the other day since it wasn't what I'm used to accuracy wise and also had some shifting. Since I'm getting ready to send off the parts above, I was deciding on whether or not to use the muzzle device.

Used today
    BCM middy w/FSC556
    DD 12" with Vltor pinned by ADCO
    DD upper
    G&R bolt carrier group and charge handle
    Grizzly lower with CMT LPK, Emod stock and Moe grip
    NF 1-4 w/FC-2 in a Larue 104 mount.

Mark
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 04-07-09 at 11:19.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!