Thread: Suppressed Night Fighter

Feedback Score

Suppressed Night Fighter

My 14.5" suppressed night fighter.
    For all purpose use I mount the grip-pod with the IWAL2 IR laser.
    Accuracy has been excellent, 300 meter hit on silhouette targets the other windy rainy dark stormy night (tornado in the area, took the roof off a church) were 95% with LC M855 firing prone with overhead cover.

Last edited by edwin907; 04-12-09 at 17:08.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Very nice. Details on the scope?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post
    Very nice. Details on the scope?
    Many thanks.
    It's a D-760 Gen III 6X night vision, works fantastically well, bought it a while back but it was still fantastically expensive then, just not as bad as now.
    A machinist buddy fabricated the mount to attach it to the LT ACOG mount. Now can easily switch between the NV scope or the ACOG.
    Just can't tell you how pleased I am with the combination.

The fluted WOA 1/7 14.5" mid-length barrel is quite accurate as well, and the mid-length gas configuration with stock spring, heavy buffer, M16 carrier and enhanced LMT bolt seems perfectly matched to the suppressor. It's noticeably quieter than my other 14.5" barrels with the same suppressor, particularly from the shooter's perspective.

Last edited by edwin907; 04-12-09 at 17:31.

Feedback Score
    What model ACOG is that? Is it made like that, or did you add a scope-shade-like attachment to the front? Never seen that before.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    What model ACOG is that? Is it made like that, or did you add a scope-shade-like attachment to the front? Never seen that before.
    It's the TA55A, 5.5X, 50mm, very bright and detailed. It has the ARD on it in the photo.

Here is an earlier shot, before the bi-lock for the suppressor was installed.