Thread: Kel-Tec PLR-16

Feedback Score

PLR-16

No comments at all??,,hmm,I'd have thought that I would have got some kind of response by now. Strange....I figured someone here would have had one or knew someone who did at least. Oh well thanks anyway.

Feedback Score
    I had one and sold it. It wasn't a bad gun, fun to shoot. Big flame when shooting, accurate, light weight, cheaper than an AR, more pistol like than AR pistols.

But quality was also cheaper than the AR. Lots of plastic, the barrel didn't seem like it was high quality. It didn't like metal cased ammo at all, of course some AR's dont like it either. All in all a descent pistol, but could be better quality.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "It didn't like metal cased ammo at all"

I assume you mean steel cased...like Wolf

Because ALL my ammo is metal cased

Feedback Score
    Anyone have any new comments on these?
    I picked one up this weekend and it looks like a good item to stuff under the front seat. The internals are a cross between a AR and AK. It has half an AR bolt with the AR extractor in it. The included extractor is a POS and needs to be changed out. It actually has a black extractor insert but it is inside a out of spec 4coil spring. I think I will use the Crane Oring and 5 coil spring and see how it runs.
    Other downside is it wi tough to clean and needs either the Otis system or a Bore Snake to avoid cleaning from the muzzle. Chamber stars are probably the only way to get at the chamber. I will put a Phantom on it to dim it alittle.

Feedback Score

Cool How 's that PLR-16 working for you???

Dude,
    I bought one these awhile back and stuffed it in the bottom of my safe and havn't done much with it, does the phantom work on it? later!
    -ZM

Feedback Score
    Yup the Phantom works on it nut decided to go with more of a muzzle break and the included one isnt bad. I think the gun under hard use probably has a service life 500 rounds + or - but it feels a little niche.