Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AAC SPR M4 vs. M4-2000 which one and why.

Feedback Score

AAC SPR M4 vs. M4-2000 which one and why.

I have both a 16 inch and 20 inch AR to put them on and understand the utility of the SPR M4 due to less over all length added but aside from that what else separates them. Is the mounting method of one better than the other?

The dB reduction is listed slightly different but not enough that I could tell the difference I presume.

Bla, bla bla.....and so on.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    This was a recent topic of conversation on Weapon Evolution as well. Perhaps the most significant difference is that the SPR/M4 offers the M.I.T.E.R. system, while the M4-2000 does not.

What this means in practical terms is that with the M4-2000 you'll have to zero unsuppressed, and then zero again when the can is mounted, taking note of the shift.

The M.I.T.E.R. system allows you to calibrate the can to the unsuppressed zero, so you get repeatability without the need of making additional sight adjustments. Additionally, the SPR/M4 does a better job of reducing gas blowback through the weapon (and into your face).

AC
    Stand your ground; don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here. -- Captain John Parker, Lexington, 1775.

Feedback Score
    And I gather that they do not include the mounts with any of their cans anymore as well right.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Everything I've heard is that the SPR is the preferred one for the reasons already listed:

Less gas (also heard that it's negligible)
    Better reduction (ditto)
    And a choice of 5 zeros (that's where it's at for me)

Hell, you're probably going to have the thing until you die, why cheap out on the better product for $200? You're already in it for $1,000 with the stamp...
    The Revolution will not be televised.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterWilson View Post
    ............why cheap out on the better product for $200? You're already in it for $1,000 with the stamp...
    That is not the issue, I am trying to establish which one it the better product for me. Strangely enough money is not the issue (praying to the keep my job gods) and I already have a Gemtech HALO I am looking to upgrade and am looking for alternatives. I have a SWR Trident in the works for 9mm and this can will likely be my last 5.56 can for a while.

The SPR-M4 is the newer can right. I know I like the mounting system better based on the limited info about it.
    Last edited by USMC88-93; 04-07-09 at 00:18.

Feedback Score
    I prefer the SPR/M4 on any rifle which it fits. I use the M4-2000 on barrels that are too short for the SPR/M4. The SPR/M4 is quieter though the M4-2000 is still among the most quiet 5.56mm AR cans.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Can the SPR M$ be used on a 10.5 bbl or the LMT 12" Piston Upper?

Feedback Score
    Not on a 10.5. I am not sure about the LMT 12. It works on direct gas 12 inch rifles.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC88-93 View Post
    The SPR-M4 is the newer can right. I know I like the mounting system better based on the limited info about it.

No question about it, I would go with the M4/SPR. I'm trying to figure out how people are saying they don't see a difference with blowback between the M4/SPR and the M4-2000, the difference is very evident to me, and to everyone else that has shot them with me.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I just can't imagine putting either one on a 16" or 20" barrel.

I've got an M4-1000 for my 16" carbine.

Installed, it is the same length as my 24" DPMS .204 Ruger upper.

I can't even imagine hanging a can on a 20" tube.

My M4-2000 on a 10.5" is the same length as that 16" rifle, without the flash hider.

The SPR/M4 is still pending.

The M4-2000 is for short barrels. The SPR/M4 is for everything else.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast