Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee Pro 1000 progressive

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I am sure that I will offend a few with this statement but I would never buy any of Lee's progressives. I have never owned one but all my friends that had them, sold them, and went to Dillon or Hornady.

If you have the opportunity to look at the quality between Lee, Hornady, and Dillon, you will understand why the Lee is $139.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score

Lee Loadmaster

I also have a Lee Loadmaster that I have been using for three years. It cranks out enough pistol ammo (40's and 9's) for me. I shoot about 1200 to 1500 pistol rounds per year. I also use it to complete .223's (powder, bullet seating and factory crimping). I also have second press, a Hornady 007 single stage; that I use for making bolt action ammo and other things.

Anyway, I like the Loadmaster. It does it's job for what I need and suits me fine.

I have no experience with Dillon but from what I hear it sounds like very durable and great working machine. It also costs more; especially the dies compared to Lee.
    And the case feeder too! I think it's about $200? I'm sure it's nice.

Is the Loadmaster flawless, of course not. And the primer feeding system causes problems sometimes. It takes some understanding and familiarity with the press. It may not be the best for the novice reloader who isn't willing to become familiar with it and the reloading processes. If you have or are thinking about the Loadmaster there are helpful videos on youtube and links to a site dedicated to the Loadmaster.

I know what some of you are thinking. "You get what you pay for". Well, I got what I payed for and it works great for me, no regrets. I'm not saying - don't get a Dillon, or a Hornady Lock-N-Load for that matter. But I am saying weigh your options (no pun intended). The Lee Pro 1000 or Loadmaster may or may not be for you.

The majority of us reload to save money or shoot more as the case usually ends up to be.
    I thought this link would be cool to include:

http://www.10xshooters.com/calculato...Calculator.htm
    Last edited by DesertWarrior13; 04-20-09 at 01:41. Reason: typo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12