Thread: So I received this phone call today....need a little help now on removing a vortex

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

So I received this phone call today....need a little help now on removing a vortex

Form 4 sent 01/22 and stamp received by my SOT today (approved 04/13). Picked up my new AAC M4-1000 suppressor

By the way, it came with an 18 tooth black out FH/adapter

I got the A2 off my SBR with ease using a padded vice block, and got the new 18 tooth on without issue.

Problem was on my recce type upper. Noveske midlength N4 with shaved FSB and a DD M4 12.0 ff rail. I can't span the whole length of the vice with the part of the barrel that protrudes past the rail so I used the padded angle cut. The freaking thing just spins. I can't get it loose and really want to install one of my 2 spare 18 tooth black outs. suggestions?

I promise gratuitous pics will be forth coming.

Feedback Score
    Maybe slide the rail off over the shaved fsb and flash hider, get a better grip on the barrel, and apply a little heat to the flash hider?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Nice can. I have one of those in my safe... unfired.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    First suppressor for me....think I made the right choice on which one to buy. I got it Friday and was able to breifely take it out yesterday...only put about 90 rnds through it. I was smiling the whole time

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    in my safe... unfired.
    errrrrr........ why?

Quote Originally Posted by adh View Post
    First suppressor for me....think I made the right choice on which one to buy. I got it Friday and was able to breifely take it out yesterday...only put about 90 rnds through it. I was smiling the whole time

the day i got my 1st can, i took it out ground hoging, as soon as i pull in i see a ground hog at 60yards, i put the 223 can on my 10/22 and all i could hear was the brass bounceing off my car hood, i was laughing my ass off and the ground hog had no idea what was going on

Feedback Score
    Nice!

Did you get that Vortex off?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Haven't gotten the vortex off yet. I haven't tried again, but I believe that I probably will have to remove the rail, which I have never done before, and for which I do not have an action block, I assume I could probably just use a strap wrench, but not sure how much I want to learn how to do it. I probably should try it myself, just being chicken sh*# I guess