Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Problems with my new CMMG .22LR conversion kit - help!

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by juan69 View Post
    any experience or thoughts on the CMMG mags? any advice on its first use? thanks
    They work and function just as well as the BD mags for me. Same construction except the outside is molded to look like a GI mag. They're a little too grey for my liking, but they paint well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celer View Post
    I'm using a spike's kit with black dog mags. A 3 or so FTE rate per mag doesn't bother me, but lately I've been getting stovepipes where instead of the case sticking out, it's sticking upwards into the space between the bolt carrier and frame (?), vertically, keeping the round pinned due to spring tension until i remove the carrier completely from the upper and pull both sides apart.

Can't find fed bulk anywhere, but have used CCI minimags and Remington gold. Anyone else get this? Also, the tension on my BD mags is a little flaky, sometimes the spring/follower seem to get stuck and rounds will fall out just by tilting the mag...
    I had the same problem with a Spikes Dedecated upper and a Spikes conversion. Empties would get stuck in the charging handle. After 2 years of mods, parts, different ammo I gave up. In my opinion, the feed ramp angle was too high. I had another collar and ground the angle down. It helped but I was done with Spikes.
    I've since bought a stainless CMMG and it runs great. CMMG tells me they use a different angle. Don't know but it's nice to have one that works.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123