Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mimimum age for NFA items?

Feedback Score

Mimimum age for NFA items?

what is the minimum age to purchase an NFA item? im looking to set up a trust in order to purchase an M4 1000. im 20 years old and have read of people under 21 getting their forms approved for SBR, SBS, and suppressors, however, the guy that does the NFA stuff at the local shop said that you have to be 21.

so im consulting the experts of the NFA section at m4carbine.net, whats the minimum age? am i shit outta luck till im 21 or am i gtg?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Whoever told you that they were under 21 and got approved is FOS. You must be 21 to purchase any item that falls under the NFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    what is the minimum age to purchase an NFA item? im looking to set up a trust in order to purchase an M4 1000. im 20 years old and have read of people under 21 getting their forms approved for SBR, SBS, and suppressors, however, the guy that does the NFA stuff at the local shop said that you have to be 21.

so im consulting the experts of the NFA section at m4carbine.net, whats the minimum age? am i shit outta luck till im 21 or am i gtg?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    sometimes i hate the interwebz... but then again, i have to check everything i hear from the gun shop too... the people in this shop are notoriously full of shit. so this, i think, is probably the first true thing ive herd come out of one of their mouths.

well, in that case, ive got eight months to save up for some real nice NFA stuff

im thinkin a suppressed, SBR of some kind sounds super!

thanks for the reply iraqgunz.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    With regard to Federal law, you must be 21 in order to purchase a NFA firearm from a licensee (FFL/SOT holder).

One must be only 18 in order to possess NFA firearms.

Thus, according to Federal law, one who is 18, and otherwise not prohibited from possessing a firearm, may either make and register a NFA firearm by submitting and receiving back and approved Form 1, or they can purchase same from a non-licensee in their own state of residence.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by khc3 View Post
    With regard to Federal law, you must be 21 in order to purchase a NFA firearm from a licensee (FFL/SOT holder).

One must be only 18 in order to possess NFA firearms.

Thus, according to Federal law, one who is 18, and otherwise not prohibited from possessing a firearm, may either make and register a NFA firearm by submitting and receiving back and approved Form 1, or they can purchase same from a non-licensee in their own state of residence.
    complicated, complicated. don't all NFA items have to be transfered through an FFL, though?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    If that's true, I think that means you could register a lower you already own as an SBR at 18+, but not buy a complete SBR (or supressor) until 21+.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    complicated, complicated. don't all NFA items have to be transfered through an FFL, though?
    No. Private sales between residents of the same state require no dealer intermediary. Just a Form 4 submitted with the seller as transferor and the buyer as transferee.

Additionally, as I said, 18 year-olds can make their own NFA firearms (MGs excluded, of course) on a Form 1.
    Last edited by khc3; 04-18-09 at 21:01.

Feedback Score
    oh well thats awesome im thinkin about using quicken will maker to make a revocable living trust, and then registering a spikes lower as an SBR.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    oh well thats awesome im thinkin about using quicken will maker to make a revocable living trust, and then registering a spikes lower as an SBR.
    God speed, young man.

Feedback Score
    thank you sir! seeing as how the market is right now and the wait times, im gonna need it lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast