Thread: Raven Concealment ACR (Appendix Carry Rig) - Updated Version

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Raven Concealment ACR (Appendix Carry Rig) - Updated Version

I got a few PM's asking about the Raven Appendix Carry Rig so I thought I would post a quicck review and some pics of the latest version.

I've been using the Raven Concealment ACR holster daily since August 08. I've been very happy way it fits and carrys my Glock 19. It's a very comfortable holster and I've even used it while driving and sitting up to 10 hours without issue. I've been using appendix carry for several years now and so far this is the best holster I've tried.

I'm hard on my holsters and I've broken many kydex holsters. In fact I've broken the kydex slip-on belt clips on all the kydex IWB holsters I've ever owned. I've come to the conclusion that the slip-on style kydex belt clips are not ideal for a hard use, daily carry holster and have switched over to using rubber soft loops. Many of the slip on belt loops can be pulled off your belt during weapon retention drills. The Blade-Tech style soft loops are much more durable and secure on the belt compared to the slip-on kydex belt clips.

Last week I noticed a small crack forming on my ACR's holster body where the rear belt attachment connects. As some of you on the net might already know, I wasn't the only one to have the cracking issue in this same area. To fix this issue the newer version of the ACR is made with thicker kydex and the area where the rear belt connector attaches this area has also been contoured to take more stress off the area. On the old holster this area was much thinner and had no contour so it was bent and shaped as you wore it which put a lot of stress on the area.

One of the reason's I went with Raven is because of their "No B.S." lifetime warranty. I contacted Jay at Raven Concealment about my issue and he had a new holster out to me in about 5 days. Raven Concealment stands behind their products and when something breaks they find the root cause and fix it! I give Raven Concealment's customer service A+++ rating. When it comes time to buy another holster Raven Concealment will get my business again!

Here's a pic of the crack that was forming on my old holster.

This pic shows the newer version on the bottom. You can see how much thicker the kydex on the rear fin is. The extra thickness is not noticable at all and I couldn't tell the difference when carrying with the new version.

Here's a pic of an ACR holster with the kydex belt clips and another one with the soft loops.

This pic shows them on the belt adjusted at different heights. They are also adjustable for a muzzle forward cant but I prefer the straight drop for better concealment.

Here's the new holster body with the soft loops attached and set up with a straight drop amd my preferred height over the belt line. You'll notice the front attachment does not stick out under the holster body. I trimmed off the extra length because I will never want my holster that low below the belt line.

Finally, a few shots with the ACR on.

If anyone of you is looking for or wanting to try an appendix carry holster I highly recommend the Raven Concealment ACR!
    Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-18-09 at 22:39.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nice rig. Good review. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm gonna get a glock 19 and my CCL when I get back from basic this summer and I was looking at this rig. great review!
    Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum.
    If you want peace, prepare for War.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    +1 on the Raven. Well designed and good people to deal with.

Feedback Score
    I don't mean to run this thread off topic, but what knife is that?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    It seems I always get more PM's and questions on that knife...LOL

The knife is a Cold Steel Mini-Culloden which is no longer in production. The sheath is a custom job by Infight Access Kydex. The sheath is setup to allow easy access with both hands for either a reverse grip edge in or a forward grip edge up.

Infight Access Kydex has a knife/sheath package using the Cold Steel Braveheart which is basically just like the setup I have. See the link below.

http://www.mdtstraining.com/Store1.htm

Here's a few pics of my knife and sheath.

Last edited by Yojimbo; 04-24-09 at 12:12.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Thumbs up

Nice review on the Raven.

Glad to hear Im not the only one interested in hearing about the knife.

thanks for posting info on that as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Excellent review and good pics too. Ever since seeing Todd's AIWB thread, I've become intrigued with this method of carry and started searching around for the various AIWB holsters out there. The ACR looked like a good candidate, and you're pics have me leaning in that direction now. Now, to get rid of my damn gut.
    "Ammo in the gun = Time in the fight." -Paul Gomez

Texas Gun Talk