Thread: PMC M855 spec

Feedback Score

PMC M855 spec

Does anyone have any experience with PMC's M855 spec ammo? I've shot a bunch of PMC Bronze 55 grain .223, and although the quality of the components seem decent, the pressure seems a bit low in a 5.56mm gun.

I'm just wondering if this stuff is worth it as it's 16% more costly than PMC Bronze.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Question

OK - I'll be the first to admit "dumb," but who's SELLING this stuff! It's the first I've heard of it!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    I was not previously aware of any PMC ammo in .223(or 5.56) other than their 55 gr PMC Bronze. PMC is plinking ammo anyway, so if it's a reasonable price, why not buy a case or three and then you can tell US whether it's any good? Buy some then shoot it up and come tell us how it went. That, or you could provide a link (or any other corroborating information) so someone here can check it out and determine the veracity.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I tend to avoid foreign M855 with the exception of IMI.

Feedback Score
    I finally got a hold of some of these PMC M855 spec rounds (K-100) and tried them out at a 500 yard range this weekend through my Noveske N4 with ACOG. Although I don't have any hard data, I did notice that the K-100 hit my Figure 12 target where I expected them to at 500 yards, whereas the .223 PMC seemed to drop far faster.

I hope to get decent results at a 600m metric range this weekend.

PS: Price was comparable to Remington UMC.

Last edited by FPembleton; 05-04-09 at 18:01.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I tend to avoid foreign M855 with the exception of IMI.

do you not like prvi??
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artos View Post
    do you not like prvi??
    The prvi M193 seems to have a spotless record lately.

The prvi M855 has had a few iffy reports, and two other import M855s had really crappy performance reviews on the gun boards. I really prefer good old M193, but I'll take M855 if it's the real deal.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The prvi M193 seems to have a spotless record lately.

The prvi M855 has had a few iffy reports, and two other import M855s had really crappy performance reviews on the gun boards. I really prefer good old M193, but I'll take M855 if it's the real deal.
    Thanks...I wanted to try some prvi M855 at some point for grins.

I also have a little of their 62gr ball / bt ammo but have not fired it yet.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2: