Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Once Fired Brass

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pah151 View Post
    Guys, Scharch manufacturing (www.scharch.com) has a good product. The are currently selling already sized, trimmed, and primed LC headstamped brass for about $153.68/1000.
    Loading from primed brass is the way to go. I do all the work myself, but when the actual loading is to be done, it's best to work from primed brass.... Even on the Dillon.

I'm going to have to sort off the prettiest LC once fired I have and sell it. I've got more primed brass than I really could afford to reload.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Loading from primed brass is the way to go. I do all the work myself, but when the actual loading is to be done, it's best to work from primed brass.... Even on the Dillon.
    Amen to this. My 550 gave me constant fits from doing everything in 'one pass'. Most of it was from debris from the decapping stage everywhere. The new primers would get scratched or pitted from the debris and the primer system itself would run roughly at best.

On Sinister's advice, I went to a system where I was neck sizing, decapping and full length sizing on one tool head. Then I take that brass out to the shop to finish the prep work (trim, de-crimp and polish) and while the brass is in the polisher, I go back inside, thoroughly clean the 550 off. Once I get my brass out of the polisher, its a simple (and easier) process to prime, powder and seat. Plus the system runs a ton smoother.
    Kelly H
    Yes, I know. No, I won't tell you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12