Thread: Ban On Reloading

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Ban On Reloading

I've only had a chance to glance at it but here's an article on GOA http://gunowners.org/a042109.htm and here's the Treaty in it's entirety http://www.oas.org/juridico/english/treaties/a-63.html. What are your thoughts?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I see GOA has adopted the NRA scare tactics.

Reloading won't be banned. Commercial reloaders might need some stupid licence though.

(that's my guess)

I can just see gutless cowards running their reloaders around the clock now so they'll have a lot of ammo before they turn their reloading gear in to Ali Bama!
    Last edited by markm; 04-23-09 at 09:57.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm;355194
    I can just see [B
    gutless cowards [/B]running their reloaders around the clock now so they'll have a lot of ammo before they turn their reloading gear in to Ali Bama!

gutless cowards
    is totally out of line and terribly offensive to all reloaders

why the HATE towards people who reload ??
    i take offense at your blatant disregard of our "hobby", you apparently have no concept of the reloading process or what we derive in our satisfaction of perfection in finding the exact components for each rifle to place a bullet in the spot we aim at, not a few inches from point of aim which most "factory" ammo produces

ToddG Guest
    OldNavyGuy, have you read the reloading forum here? markm is one of the most prolific and helpful posters in that section. I don't think he was attacking reloaders and to be honest I'm not sure how you read that into his post.

The point I believe markm was making, and one I'd echo, is that now GOA is following up its previous hysteria (which played a huge role in the current ammunition shortage) with new hysteria which will have a similar impact on reloading. Something tells me the folks running GOA own a lot of stock in ammo companies.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Exactly. GOA and the NRA often send out info that is a little on the hysterical side.