Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PMAG's not dropping free.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had to modify most of my pmags to fall freely out of my LMT (my 3 orange mags and 1 of my black mags dropped free, everything else stuck). I recently just received 4 more FDE mags and I inserted the first mag and it didn't drop so I just grabbed the dremel and removed the tabs from all of them. They're all good to go now.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've heard about some Pmags and LMT lowers having issues.

Are people still loading their mags with 28 rounds? I keep 30 in mine.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have 3 LMT lowers, 2 RRA lowers, a Doublestar, a LAR, a DPMS, and a Territorial Gunsmith lower, and I haven't had a problem with any Pmags, M version or not, until I got the Territorial lower. I can't even insert the M Pmags in the magwell, and the regular ones won't drop free, but they come out with a little tug. I guess I'm going to have to try those filing instructions.

Feedback Score
    The most resistance I have for my Pmags is with my two '08 manufacture 20-round mags. The top rear of the mag tower, left and ride side, seem to be catching within the mag well when the mag is dropped. This is less an issue when the mag is loaded, but I don't envision dropping many loaded mags. This is true of a mix of lowers (CD Defense, Spikes Tactical, Superior Arms).

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009

"When young men seek to be like you, when lazy men resent you, when powerful men look over their shoulder at you, when cowardly men plot behind your back, when corrupt men wish you were gone and evil men want you dead . . . Only then will you have done your share." - Phil Messina

Feedback Score

Dropping Free

I never assume that an AR mag is going to drop free, thus I always act to strip them.

If I don't have to strip it, so much the better.

Feedback Score
    My LMT also has trouble with PMags. As a mater of fact, I've got 5 that I'm going to trade for LMTs. I'm just not that crazy about the PMags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have 3 Colts and 1 LMT. My first group of 5 black P-Mags would not drop free in any of the lowers. Mag-Pul replaced with no problems. Some of the replacements would not drop free. A little sanding cured that. I have since purchased several windowed pmags and they have all worked as advertised. I also have some non-windowed FDE mags that have worked. The black ones are the only ones I have had issues with. But Mag-Pul stands behind their product.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I have quite a few Pmags that I have been using for almost two years. The issue that I'm having is not with fresh Pmags, but with ones that have been well used. All of my fresh or lightly used ones will drop free from my LMT lowers. However, out of the 10 mags that I routinely use at the range, 7 of them won't drop free anymore. They all dropped free when new. I wonder if the mag body has swelled with use. I don't keep them loaded, I just load and shoot them during training.

Feedback Score
    I had a dozen P-Mags that would not drop free in LMT or Sun Devil lowers, however they all dropped free in two RRA lowers. 15 minutes with some sandpaper per Magpul's instructions and they all drop free in all lowers now.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sand here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast