Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Factory Unable to Supply-Magpul UBR

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Factory Unable to Supply-Magpul UBR

I placed a backorder for the Magpul UBR stock about 6 months ago. I thought things seemed to be getting better now, I am seeing more lowers on the shelves, and the prices on other accessories appear to be dropping.

However, I got an email from Brownells stating that Magpul has told them that they are unalble to supply the stock, and that they have cancelled my backorder.

What do you think is happening at Magpul, and has anyone else experienced the same?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't know the answer to your question, which makes this the most shameless of plugs, but I do have a new one for sale in the Member Sales forum. It's a nice stock, just a bit expensive for me.

Feedback Score
    I just got an e-mail from Brownells that said: Factory unable to supply (AR15 bolt) and your 3 month old B/O is cancelled - however you will be notified as soon as we receive the items.

Didn't matter to me since I was one of the lucky guys to get a BCG from Grant.
    X-Military
    Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    Wow man that sucks. I have a black one for sale, pm me. Is there anyone out there who would want to trade an FDE UBR for a BLK UBR?
    They really are incredible stocks. I can't believe you let yourself wait 6 months! I have no patience for that and am willing to shell out the extra cash because I know I will get my money's worth from it. Plus I can resell it for what I paid.
    Lastly let's not forget Magpul is working on some new tricked out stocks and that could be a large part of the problem. Why make old stuff when you have better stuff in the pipeline?

Feedback Score
    Magpul has been delaying the sale of those UBR stock for a long time! I have waited over two years for those!
    I don't think Magpul should play games like that. If they are developing other stock designs and will not be manufacturing more UBR stocks then lets come clean about it. It is leading the customers on which I think is dishonest business practice!
    Having said that, I still think that they have very innovative and well designed products. I have their PRS stock on one of my rifles and plenty of their PMAGs.
    Screwing around with their constant promise of "coming soon" on their website is at the very least misleading.
    I will probably buy more PRS stocks and perhaps the CTR stock. But eventually I'm going to move on and look at their competitors for more ideas on stocks.
    Last edited by Ricardus; 05-06-09 at 10:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got the same reply from Brownells regarding the Pmags with the ranger floorplates. Guess I will just have to wait or just go with plain Pmags and find the floorplates. To me its not a big deal but kind of annoying when you've been waiting four months for the mags.

Feedback Score
    holy f'ing hell and in the name of all things good, how on Gods green earth did you let yourself wait two years!!!!!!!!! Wow
    I like that they are rare, it's awesome that not everyone has one! I also got an m98b on the way. You just have to know when and where to look man.

Feedback Score
    It seems I have had shitty luck when getting the UBR.
    If it is one thing or another, money for me is tight and I look for other things like getting the rifles I want, the magazines, and then the ammo.

Things like stocks always come after that. But in the last two years I have pretty much gotten whatever I've wanted (even in the post elections months) except the UBR stock has remained elusive.

What can I say? I will give you an example: the folks at R&R Arms sent me an email (Dec. 29th, 2008) and asked me if I was still interested in getting a DPMS LR 308 TAC 20.
    I followed their link and the price (post NOBAMA) was $980. I really did not want it but went ahead and bought it. That very weekend, I sold it at a gun show for a little over $2000
    That was lower than the going price at that time (Jan).
    UBR stock, still elusive (I want one in OD or black).
    Last edited by Ricardus; 05-06-09 at 09:24.

Feedback Score
    No way, well that is freaking awesome!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just took delivery of an MBUS Monday night. But when I installed it on my SBR, it broke!! I was trying to tighten it until there was no longer any movement and it's not like I used an impact wrench.

I e-mailed MagPul about it Monday night but have yet to hear from them. If I haven't heard from them by Monday, I'll try giving them a call instead. Needless to say, I'm a bit disappointed. YMMV.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast