Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: USMC PWS Contact?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Smile My hat is off to ya'

Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    MEU(SOC) / MARSOC time.

Nice pics; so what you're saying is the 1911 is still relevent?(HA HA) Wouldn't know it by what you read sometimes. My father and uncle(VN Vets) swear by them. I haven't been into guns until recently. Like Mark Twain said, "It's amazing how much smarter your parents get as you get older." Stay safe and thanks for your service!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HOPLOETHOS View Post
    JiMfraRED1911,

PM Sent

Oh? I've checked my Private Messages box...I don't have one from you, HOPOETHOS.

Feedback Score

This bloke did the same thing I did.

Feedback Score

I'm a faint snatcher I know, but I think it's ok for 15 yards, moving laterally sometimes.

I'm taking her to school this June. Mr. Vickers will be my professor.

Feedback Score
    Nice looking gun, Jimbo!

Feedback Score
    Dave,
    I've got the MGySgt.'s phone number if you still need it. I can't remember his name for the life of me, though. I talked to him last August and he said he passed my contact information to one of his Devil Dogs who would contact me. I never heard anything.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks to everyone that offered to help. One of the posters put me in touch with someone at PWS and I was able to find out what I needed.

I was trying to find out if they had switched to a different thumb safety since the Kings ambi is no longer available. They are now using the Ed Brown ambi.

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Dave et al,

any idea how many OFFICIAL variations there are now ?

I have have seen three w/ supportive documentation.

TIA

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No idea. The "old version" and "new version" designation are mine, not the Marines'.

Feedback Score
    When I was there touring the shop, I saw a lot more "new" versions of the MEU(SOC) 1911s (obviously), but there were a few "old"er guns (well used marked USGI frames, the infamous and sought after "in house" rear sight unit, ring/Rowell hammer). Might I add, Mr. Berryhill has done a bang up job with his replicas.

As you all probably know by now, the USMC takes an "evolutionary" approach to nearly every small arm they field. The Devil Dogs did the same thing with the original 1966 Remington contract M40s. The then called Rifle Team Equipment Shop (RTE) modded them into M40A1s (birth of the modern precision rifle here in America), A1s were rebuilt to the A3 designation and recirculated in '96. And now, the M40A3 is slowly being updated from what the Corps learned from the XM-3 DARPA rifle, ultimately culminating in the M40A5...and no, I'm not making this up.

http://www.leatherneckmagazine-digit.../200904/?pg=36

Nothing is wasted if it passes thru the PWS @ Quantico.
    Last edited by JiMfraRED1911; 05-06-09 at 18:40. Reason: grammar

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast