Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5.56 CAN owners ~ Do it again? Yes or No?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd agree with the statement that cans make DI guns 5-10X dirtier than unsuppressed. I fired 40 rounds out of my AAC M4-2000 during a break at the VTAC class and the BCG was as dirtier than 300 rounds unsuppressed.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Smile

I love shooting my ARs suppressed. I have 3 SBRs and I prefer to shoot them suppressed especially indoors. I have no regrets and hope to acquire more for my other guns.

Feedback Score
    I do not own a Suppressor for an AR but I do own one for a remington 700. Honestly unless there's subsonic ammo that can cycle an AR's bolt, I doubt I would end up getting one. I personally have no real use for a weapon that is suppressed other than shit's and giggles. That and after having a few NFA items, I don't really want to do anymore paperwork or wait for the tax stamp to come either. To each their own.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I agree with alot of people here. If the suppressor is going on a SPR or sniper rifle it's worth it because alot of cans- surefire,gemtech,AAC (just cans I have used before) help with accuracy but you don't really send alot of rounds through guns like that. If its going on a SBR or M4 I wouldn't unless it's for work (LE, or SWAT team). In a working enviroment like building clearing every little bit helps and more than likely you won't be wearing ear plugs on the job so just imagine firing an M4 or SBR in a room like a 12'x12'. I've cleared rooms and had to fire with my pistol and even though your adrenaline is pumping it was loud as Hell, i can't imagine shooting an SBR in doors without a can.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have an AAC SPR/M4 on the way which will fit on an 18" SPR, two 16" Recce rifles, and a 12.5" rifle. I'll eventually have a M4-2000 which will fit a 14.5" and two 10.5" rifles. I think you get more bang for your buck (so to say) by having a single can for multiple rifles--all you need is to put the muzzle devices on all your guns. That way if you really want to go suppressed you have the option, and one or two can purchases can cover all of your bases.

Feedback Score
    I am very pleased with my two cans (Gemtech G5 & Halo). I shoot them all the time w/o hearing protection when out in the open. Now I dare not shoot under awnings or near enclosed spaces, that hurt my ears still. Yes, I would do it again if the price of ammo did not sky rocket. I dare not shoot 22's through them. So now the cans just sit while my 22 specific can/pistol combo gets most of the use.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Good question - I've been contemplating it myself.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    5.56mm is my favorite can and the one I would buy if I could only have one can.
    Same here.

As far as needing ear pro.... It really depends on the set up, the ambient conditions, and the physical location of your shooting.

For example, I've shot the exact same can at the exact same shoot on a 16" barrel, and on an 11.5" barrel. On the 11.5, my ears were starting to hurt. Specifically the ear by the ejection port. I personally don't mess with my can on anything shorter than 14.5" of barrel.

If you're in a confined space or near a hard object like a wall or something, it gets much louder.

I would most certainly do it again, and I in fact DID do it again. I bought a second 5.56 can incase my first one ever gets messed up. The majority of my shooting is still unsupressed, but the can is an important piece in the tool box.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Same here.

As far as needing ear pro.... It really depends on the set up, the ambient conditions, and the physical location of your shooting.

For example, I've shot the exact same can at the exact same shoot on a 16" barrel, and on an 11.5" barrel. On the 11.5, my ears were starting to hurt. Specifically the ear by the ejection port. I personally don't mess with my can on anything shorter than 14.5" of barrel.

If you're in a confined space or near a hard object like a wall or something, it gets much louder.

I would most certainly do it again, and I in fact DID do it again. I bought a second 5.56 can incase my first one ever gets messed up. The majority of my shooting is still unsupressed, but the can is an important piece in the tool box.
    +1, I also got a backup.

I would do it again because I use it on my Bolt Gun too. Sounds a lot better on a Bolt Gun. The main reason I bought a Suppressor was for Hunting. Yes it's Legal to Hunt with in Oregon. Hopefully To try and preserve my Hearing. Hunting is the only time I shoot without ear plugs.
    NFA Addict - Banned on Arfkom!

Feedback Score
    I would go for something like a USP-9SD w/ AAC Evo-9 as your first setup. Agree with similar comments here, though in having a 5.56 can, I'm really glad I got it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast