Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rescue in Panama - Military Channel

Feedback Score
    Did anyone notice that rgrgordo got a "Special Thanks" in the Credits? Hrmmm......
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    Good show for sure! Did anyone watch the show right after it?? There was an Army Capt. that was being interviewed about the mission they were doing and he was the MOST tabbed out soldier I have EVER seen. Here is the list of tabs that I could see:

Army Combat Infantry Badge
    Navy Special Warfare (SEAL) Badge
    Scuba
    Pathfinder
    Navy Jump Wings
    Airborne
    Ranger

So all I can think is that this guy enlisted in the Navy, became a SEAL and then got out, went to college and then joined the Army as an officer.

Very strange!

C4
    The show you're talking about is "Kiowa Down".
    The Bco Commander had more schools stacked on his chest, than anyone I think i've ever met.
    You were off on a few badges I think, I'll have to catch it again.
    I thought he had:
    CIB (Combat Infantryman badge)
    Trident (Basic underwater demolition school/ or Navy Seals)
    ????(I'll take your word for the Navy jump wings, because I didn't recognize these.)
    Halo wings (Military Freefall)
    Scuba(Combat Diver Qualification course)
    and his tab on his left shoulder was the Special forces tab.
    They showed another guy with a Ranger tab later, and it was much smaller in comparison to the unit patch.
    I didn't see the Pathfinder patch, but I'll pause it next time.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I watched the doc. on Friday night and bought the book on Saturday. I was expecting that I'd be bored with the book until the "Acid Gambit" stuff started, but I'm 1/3rd of the way into it and it has been great! I didn't delete the show off my Tivo, so I'm planning on watching it again after I finish the book....and making my wife watch it also.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I was able to watch part of the program, I think. A friend taped it until the end of the reenactment and story telling and interview with several of the rescuers and Kurt Muse. Was there something else after that? I mean, was there other interviews with Muse and discussion about Muse's book afterward?
    Thanks.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer
    I watched the doc. on Friday night and bought the book on Saturday. I was expecting that I'd be bored with the book until the "Acid Gambit" stuff started, but I'm 1/3rd of the way into it and it has been great! I didn't delete the show off my Tivo, so I'm planning on watching it again after I finish the book....and making my wife watch it also.
    I was surprised with the book as well. It turned out to be an excellent read.

Feedback Score
    I really like John Gilstrap's writing. He's Kurt Muse's co-writer. I don't know if he still does, but he used to live in Woodbridge, VA and he was part of the same fire department as gotm4, OWL Occoquan-Woodbridge-Lorton Volunteer Fire Department. gotm4 was in station 12, and Mr. Gilstrap was in station 14. I'm going to add some of his other books on my "to read" stack.
    John 8:32 (KJV) And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." - Abraham Lincoln

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

When I was crossing the border into Canada, they asked if I had any firearms with me. I said, "Well, what do you need?" -- Stephen Wright

Feedback Score
    Well, my wife and I got to watch this last night. (Thanks Bulldog1967!!)

Good program! (except they stuck in a lot of footage of Bell helicopters when they apparently ran short of Little Bird footage)
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    For those of us who missed it because we didn't have the Military channel, the program will be broadcast on regular Discovery channel Saturday at 9pm (and a few other time slots).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234