Thread: threading on suppressors too often

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

threading on suppressors too often

What problems if any are there with threading suppressors on and off quite often? I plan on buying a suppressor and I know QD's shift zero because of the attachment and reattachment but I don't know if it hurts the threads in a threaded Sup. to take it off and on ALOT. I want to have a quite but accurite rig and I just don't know what the pros and cons of QD vs. Threaded are. Basically, is it alright to thread and unthread a suppressor all the time or is it better to leave it? Is taking either off constantly the reason for the accuracy loss, and the threaded is just threaded to stay on??? Thanks in advance.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    BUMP I need some help on this guys thanks.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My QD doesn't shift zero at all. It reindexes to the exact location every time.

I have the 18 tooth mount on my M4-1000.

When I was thinking of getting into the silencer realm I thought I'd be fine with a thread on can. Luckily the thread on can I went to buy got sold. The guy talked me into springing for the Fast Attach, and I'm glad he did. Now that I have it, I'd never consider a thread on can unless it was for a bolt gun.

The M4-1000 and YHM cans are great values, and not much more than thread on cans.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    My QD doesn't shift zero at all. It reindexes to the exact location every time.

I have the 18 tooth mount on my M4-1000.

When I was thinking of getting into the silencer realm I thought I'd be fine with a thread on can. Luckily the thread on can I went to buy got sold. The guy talked me into springing for the Fast Attach, and I'm glad he did. Now that I have it, I'd never consider a thread on can unless it was for a bolt gun.

The M4-1000 and YHM cans are great values, and not much more than thread on cans.

On the M4-1000 Does that flash hider looking attachment use the same 1/2x28 threads that you would use for a regular CAN and thus in turn M4 onto it for the ratchet / quick connect??

Was just wondering if you needed different threading for the quick connect M4 compared to the Ranger model I'm considering.

I think this M4 will be my next can but never seen on in hand.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The mount threads on 1/2-28 just like any other flash hider. Then the can threads onto the Acme threads on the mount with a detend spring that feels like it's ratcheting on, but it's just detenting in between the teeth on the mount.

The can reindexes to the exact same position regardless of the orientation when you start to thread it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ive been doing some research on the bang for the buck factor, and really, the M4 1000 is a good over all value. Considering that im not fortunate to own a legal automatic, or plan on throwing 10,000+ rounds down range all year for 600-650 it aint a bad deal. I know theres alot of people on this site that are resentfull of AAC for theyre BS ad, but for me this can seems to be all i need. I know other people may make better cans, but my life dont depend on one and from what ive heard so far the 1000 will do the trick. How ever i am still curious to whether threading on a suppressor too often is bad. If its not harmfull to the gun or can. why not go with their threaded "Raider"? (i think the AAC threaded one is the raider, not sure though)

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Trust me. The fast attach is worth the extra money. I don't think it's an issue for the threads on the barrel, but you don't have to worry about the can backing off with Fast attach.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    See what the price difference is between the M4-1000 and the M4-2000. Then make a decision. I was convinced by a few people that the M4-2000 is the way to go. Maybe one day I can actually shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by dmanflynn View Post
    Ive been doing some research on the bang for the buck factor, and really, the M4 1000 is a good over all value. Considering that im not fortunate to own a legal automatic, or plan on throwing 10,000+ rounds down range all year for 600-650 it aint a bad deal. I know theres alot of people on this site that are resentfull of AAC for theyre BS ad, but for me this can seems to be all i need. I know other people may make better cans, but my life dont depend on one and from what ive heard so far the 1000 will do the trick. How ever i am still curious to whether threading on a suppressor too often is bad. If its not harmfull to the gun or can. why not go with their threaded "Raider"? (i think the AAC threaded one is the raider, not sure though)

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wannabes uses thread on cans on assault rifles.

Do you really want to be constantly removing and installing a flash hider or keeping track of a small thread protector?
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm