Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to check if Pending?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

How to check if Pending?

I have a Colt 6933 SBR waiting at my local Class III dealer. Is there somewhere on the internet or, someplace I can call, to check on my ATF application? I went to the ATF website but couldn't find anything. The dealer sent in the paperwork 2.5 months ago and I'd like to know if its pending, or if I'm just SOL right now. I know wait times are long but hopefully it has at least been put into the pipeline. Any help greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This isn't a crack at you, but... I don't know what the obsession is with this pending nonsense. If they cashed your check, you know they have it in process.

IMO, any other info in between the check cashing and the stamp arriving is meaningless rubbish.
    Last edited by markm; 04-29-09 at 10:01.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I sent in a USPS money order instead of a check since is another listed form of payment. Didn't want wife to know I was in the process of buying a gun. Really no way to check on it so was wondering if there was another way to see where my app. was in the process.

Feedback Score
    Pending used to mean you'd have your Form 1/4 back in a week or two. Since the election, "pending" has come to mean they have cashed your check and you are in the system.

When it gets here it gets here. My best advice is to just try not to think about it and be pleasantly surprised when it shows up in the mail.

Stephen

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Call (304) 616-4500, give them the serial number. They will tell you where it's at. It's not that big of deal. Fingerprints are what they are telling everyone is the hold up now.

Tranfers seem to be getting longer now, not shorter. All of my Tranfers up until now, took 12-13 weeks. So I didn't worry about it too much. The one I'm waiting on now, is at 16 weeks, pending for 7 weeks. So of course I'm gonna call to see what the hold up is.
    NFA Addict - Banned on Arfkom!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trukreltrog View Post
    Call (304) 616-4500, give them the serial number. They will tell you where it's at. It's not that big of deal. Fingerprints are what they are telling everyone is the hold up now.
    That's a crock. My trust doesn't have fingerprints and I have one that's been "pending" for over a month now.

"Pending" is not the same as the check being cashed (which usually happens within a couple weeks of mailing it before it ever goes pending). Pending means that the form has been entered into their system and assigned to an examiner who is theoretically working on it. Mine have gone pending about 2 months after the check is cashed, so there is a big gap there.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbrowne1 View Post
    That's a crock. My trust doesn't have fingerprints and I have one that's been "pending" for over a month now.

"Pending" is not the same as the check being cashed (which usually happens within a couple weeks of mailing it before it ever goes pending). Pending means that the form has been entered into their system and assigned to an examiner who is theoretically working on it. Mine have gone pending about 2 months after the check is cashed, so there is a big gap there.

My bad, let me be a little more clear. Fingerprints are what they are telling us poor schmucks who didn't go the trust route, is the hold up is. Especially the ones who have flannigan. Some examiners are faster it seems. Yes I forgot for a second the trust guys don't do fingerprints. I am just reporting what I and others, who don't have trusts were told. You'll have to call the number I provided and find out what the hold up is with yours.
    NFA Addict - Banned on Arfkom!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by trukreltrog View Post
    My bad, let me be a little more clear. Fingerprints are what they are telling us poor schmucks who didn't go the trust route, is the hold up is.
    Right, that's my point. My transfers don't have prints to process and yet it is taking forever from the time they go pending to the time they're approved - so obviously there is something else going on. Either a huge backlog, laziness, or (for the conspiracy theorists) a mandate from the new Administration to drag their heels.

Feedback Score
    Dbrowne1 is right: Pending now means that it has been assigned to someone. In other words it has gone from the huge stack on the big desk to the large pile on an examiners desk. I mailed my first out on October 14th check was cashed on October 27th. It did not go pending until November 26th. Got it back apporved on January 20th...yes that is 98 days. That was when they were moving "fast".
    Last edited by LonghunterCO; 04-30-09 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    That's odd. I mailed my paperwork out on October 27-ish and my tax stamp came back in 71 days. It must have something to do with traditional v. trust route. We'll see when the wife sends out the paperwork for the new can.

Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Dbrowne1 is right: Pending now means that it has been assigned to someone. In other words it has gone from the huge stack on the big desk to the large pile on an examiners desk. I mailed my first out on October 14th check was cashed on October 27th. It did not go pending until November 26th. Got it back apporved on January 20th...yes that is 98 days. That was when they were moving "fast".

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast