Thread: Troubleshooting: Aimpoint battery compartment question (comp ml3)

Feedback Score

Troubleshooting: Aimpoint battery compartment question (comp ml3)

So, got my aimpoint in a few days ago. Went to put the battery in and fire it up and it didn't turn on. After some fuddling and trying another new battery no dice. So that's when I see the foam down where the battery sits in the battery compartment like in the picture below. I tried just putting more force on the battery with the cap off and it turned on. So I tried moving the foam to the top and it seems to work. My question is it looks like the foam belonged down at the bottom because of the hole for the spring, is there another piece of foam in the top of the cap that may have fallen out when I opened it up for the first time? Inside the cap was just bare metal before I moved the foam insert. The picture below looks like it has a rubber insert or something in the cap, mine is bare metal. Thanks in advance!

Feedback Score
    Ok, if I just set the battery in the compartment and give it the lightest amount of pressure it works, but as soon as I put the cap on the light goes out. It's like the cap is either shorting it or not letting it make the proper contact. But if I put something up in the top of the cap it looks like it may work. So is there supposed to be something in that upper cap like there is in that M2 picture?

Feedback Score
    Call me.

John Enloe
    Team Leader, Warranty & Technical Support
    Aimpoint
    14103 Mariah Court
    Chantilly, VA 20151 - 2113
    Phone: (703) 263-9795 X 223
    Fax: (703) 263-9463
    john.enloe@aimpoint.com
    "Hey John, don't fu*# up!" Pat Rogers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WasatchAR View Post
    Call me.

John Enloe
    Team Leader, Warranty & Technical Support
    Aimpoint
    14103 Mariah Court
    Chantilly, VA 20151 - 2113
    Phone: (703) 263-9795 X 223
    Fax: (703) 263-9463
    john.enloe@aimpoint.com
    John, spoke with you on the phone today. Thanks for all your help!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    can you share? this thread could be helpful to others if you explain the details.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tinman44 View Post
    can you share? this thread could be helpful to others if you explain the details.
    The battery cap to my ML3 was missing the rubber insulator. That's why it worked if I put something up in the cap, John is sending me a new cap with the insert and it should resolve all my problems. I guess there are a few that went out without the insulator in them, so if you are one of those people give 'em a call and they will make things right.