Thread: Hi new RRA 9mm ar

Feedback Score

Hi new RRA 9mm ar

Bought it a week ago and this wait for it to come in is killing me....this will be my first ar....and i am excited to get it...lots of good info on this site so i thought i would join

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good job! I just bout a 9mm AR yesterday. It's a 10.3" or less A1 upper on an LCW pistol lower. I'm going to SBR my Noveske lower tomorrow.

It's got what appears to be an RRA mag block set up to take modified UZI mags.

I got the entire "pistol" for $600 out the door.

Turns out today I find out is a Colt RO635 or 9!

I just have to find out the best place to get modified UZI mags, regular UZI mags to modify, or any other mag that will work that isn't expensive like Colt.

Also, I need to get TROS's 28x36tpi thread adapter to use my suppressor.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aftershock
    Bought it a week ago and this wait for it to come in is killing me....this will be my first ar....and i am excited to get it...lots of good info on this site so i thought i would join
    I built my all RRA 16" A4 CAR 9mm (except for an aftermarket buttstock group) with Hahn top load mag block last April and it went together really smooth.

My longest wait was when I ordered a complete factory upper with RRA bolt, hammer, buffer and CH.

When I got my stripped 9mm lower and LPK last April I got it really fast (only took about a week) and as soon as I got it home, I assembled the carbine in about half an hour.

C Products will release their Colt clone mags at the end of this month but it will be stainless steel material and would only be $29 and some change each, a great price and better material compared to Colt.

Welcome to the black rifle disease.
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So the C-products will be out for sure this month? SS coated with what? Black teflon?

$30 is steep, sort of, with new IMI's at $25 and 5 packs with pouch for $100 at SARCO. Considering I am pretty darn good with Duracoat, I'd save $10 per mag after dremeling...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    So the C-products will be out for sure this month? SS coated with what? Black teflon?
    C Products showed them in the Shot Show and announced that it would be out the 29th of this month.

44MAG.com are already taking pre-orders and they have quantity discounts, they're also included in the TOS magazine group buy (which is now closed).

Yes, the new mags will be stainless steel with C Products proprietary finish with black teflon and they're working with Magpul on improved followers for a later upgrade.

My opinion is that it's not a very high price for stainless teflon finished mags which should last longer than regular steel specially in marine type areas. YMMV
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz

$30 is steep, sort of, with new IMI's at $25 and 5 packs with pouch for $100 at SARCO. Considering I am pretty darn good with Duracoat, I'd save $10 per mag after dremeling...

I have seen the CProducts SS mags (in teflon) and they flat run over the converted uzi mags and the Colt mags. They also hold the bolt open like the Colt mags do (converted uzi mags do not do this).

The CProducts will set the standard (as they have done in the other calibers).

C4

Feedback Score
    Any word on 20 rounders from CProducts?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Those will most likely follow 1-2 months later.

C4