Hello Guy's,

As I was looking over an old list of Colt AR-15's for sale, I noted one of the very early, pre-Model 6920's for sale. IIRC, they were introduced by Colt just prior to the infamous 1994 A/R Ban, & were only produced a very short time before the ban took effect. These "pre-ban" models had the serial # prefix BD, & total production amounted to around 134 pieces. ( PLEASE correct if I'm wrong on anything, I'll appreciate it. ) Was this "original" batch of BD prefixed examples originally sold as Colt Model 6920's, or were they listed as something else ? Also, approximately when did Colt start the current production run of LE6920 / "Law Enforcement Carbine" Models, using the LE serial # prefix ? ( From what I can discern, it appears if they've already reached the LE70XXX serial # range. ) If anyone has any historical data regarding the extremely popular Colt LE6920 Model, both myself, & I'm sure many fellow forum members will be interested in hearing about them. I THANK YOU in advance for your reply.

Regards, dpast32