Thread: brass properties experiment

Feedback Score

brass properties experiment

I am studying metallurgy, and will soon be in need of an experiment to perform. After reading a thread in which the annealing of reloaded brass was discussed, I had a spark to test the mechanical and physical properties of reloaded and possibly virgin brass. I do not have any experience with reloading, so I am slightly handicapped on the subject. I am wondering if any one has any insight or advice on the subject. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    If you don't "have any experience" in reloading, you need to know that it's not just something to jump into in order to perform an experiment. What exactly do you want to test? How do you plan to test it? If you just need someone to fire the loads and send you the brass for analysis, I can probably help you out.
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    If you don't "have any experience" in reloading, you need to know that it's not just something to jump into in order to perform an experiment. What exactly do you want to test? How do you plan to test it? If you just need someone to fire the loads and send you the brass for analysis, I can probably help you out.
    Thanks for the response. I wasn't planning on doing the reloads my self. I don't have enough free time or expendable income to learn that trade. There are a few people local who might be able to help with that. As far as what I am planning on testing, I am thinking about the microscopic response to different firing and annealing combinations before reloading.