Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who has ordered from Wideners?

Feedback Score

Who has ordered from Wideners?

Do you really have to have your drivers license on file with Wideners, as the site says? I have no way to send them a copy of my DL, and I am just wondering if they really even enforce this ridiculous rule?
    I know that there are a LOT of other ammo sites, that also state you must have your DL on file, but many of them go ahead and ship the ammo, since it's still totally legal.
    Have any of you guys just registered with Wideners and then successfully placed and received your order without sending a copy of your DL?
    Thanks for any help here guys.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have ordered well over 20,000 rds from them over the years and yes, you do need to have a copy of your ID on file. That being said, their prices have always been great, they ship fast, and have excellent customer service. They are my preferred online vendor for ammo sales.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you can't fax, you can copy and mail it.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    I've ordered ammo from them and never provided a DL.

Feedback Score
    If you have a scanner, that's also plausible.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I scanned a copy of my DL from Iraq back in 2005 and emailed it to them. I was GTG and once it's on file you are set.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I just ordered from them a few days ago and didnt even notice that they wanted a copy of it. Well if it becomes a problem hopefully they call me before they cancel my order!
    -Jesse

Feedback Score
    I have placed a couple orders over the last few months and have forgotten to send my DL both times. I suspect they are politely overlooking that requirement because they are so busy.
    "We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle." - Winston Churchill, 1903.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I'll tell you in about 20-some days when my order should ship. But, the way I read it on their website, it seems you only need to mail/fax your DL in if your ordering via phone/fax/mail-in:
    Quote Originally Posted by Widener's Website
    A Federal Firearms License is no longer required to order ammunition, brass, bullets, powder, primers or any other component. HOWEVER, there is a requirement, as mandated by the BATFE that we can only sell handgun ammunition and components to persons over the age of 21. We have elected to adopt this age for ALL ammunition and components.

You must have proof of age on file with us before you order these items. If you are ordering for the first time through the Mail or Phone a copy of your driver's license showing your birth date is needed before the orders can be accepted or taken. We will be put this on file for future orders and do not require you to send it again. You may mail, email or fax us a copy of your driver's license (fax # 423-282-6651). OR, you may order on line at www.wideners.com just register for an account.
    I could be misreading it, but it seems that if you order online you don't need to provide proof of age.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cataldo View Post
    I have no way to send them a copy of my DL, and I am just wondering if they really even enforce this ridiculous rule?
    Satisfy my curiosity...

Why caN'T you send them a copy of your ID?

What's "ridiculous" about asking for ID before selling somebody ammo? My understanding is that they are required to do this by law, to verify you're old enough to buy ammo.

Curious,

Bimmer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast