Thread: Young Mnfg BCG; Good? Great? Junk?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Young Mnfg BCG; Good? Great? Junk?

I'm trying to find out some info. on Young Manufacturing. From what I've seen they are ok. I met a guy at a local gun store that has a National Match chromed BCG made by Young Manufacturing for sale. I'm interested in picking one up as a spare and since they are so hard to come by right now it may be my only option. If I buy it, I'll have a BCG before my AR arrives! Any info. or experience with this company appreciated.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Junk. Pick that one up and I'll swap you my BCG.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So you think they make good stuff, I'm guessing.

Feedback Score
    If you do a search here, you'll find that the Young BCG's are generally well regarded.
    Last edited by DRich; 05-06-09 at 15:41.

Feedback Score
    My Young NM M16 BCG was purchased directly from Young here in Phoenix. The key is not staked. I asked why and she told me that with the Loctite and the torque they put on the screws that is was unnecessary.

I've seen staked Young BCG's from other retailers as they must do it themselves.

I want to stake mine....
    Last edited by kjd2121; 05-06-09 at 15:53.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a chromed M16 Young BCG (non-NM version). Seems to be very quality. IIRC, it came with a blue insert which I switched for a BCM black insert and 5 coil extractor spring.

I only have 60 rounds on mine so far and so far so good.

If you can find one for a reasonable price, I would say do it.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    There good stuff. The NM is made slightly larger in the front of the carrier for better receiver contact, this enhances accuracy

Feedback Score
    I've bought several and have been generally pleased.

The bolts are made by Les Baer. One of mine arrived improperly machined and/or heat treated. They replaced it within a few weeks. Swap out the spring/insert for one such as from BCM.

I like the extra weight of the n/m carrier...the staking can be done at home (some retailers like Rainier with stake as well).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I run a Chrome N/M BCG from Young Manuf. Young doesn't stake the gas keys, but many after market retailers will. If you do pick one up from your store, ask them to stake it, regardless if they tell you it's not necessary.

Also, replace the extractor spring/insert/o-ring in the bolt. I had a couple of FTEs with the stock Young Manuf. bolt (out of spec, small rim frangible target ammo anyway). Replacing the spring and insert rectified that.
    Last edited by Kchen986; 05-06-09 at 21:54.