Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Factory Unable to Supply-Magpul UBR

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Brownells

...they do this. However, most of the time when the order finally comes in, they contact you and give you a number code. When you place the order for the product you enter the number, even though is says the product is out of stock.

I had 2 DPMS Steel Charging Handles on order for over 6 months. They canceled around 3 months, then contacted me.

YMMV
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Within the Miasma of the corruption of Chicago.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Strange as I picked up two of them back in fall of 2008. I guess I can put the black one up on Gunbroker for 1 milliiiiiiiiioooon dollars.
    For a million dollars it better come with a round of .45ACP!

I place a UBR on back order a month and a half or two months ago. Received an e-mail last week that I was at the top of the list, and would get one out of the next shipment. I'm still waiting, but not in any hurry as I have parts for this rifle back ordered all over the country. I chose a fine time to decide to build myself an AR, didn't I?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
    Oh gosh I hate those words "full production." It's not that kind of stock in my opinion. If you think Magpul has any mal-intent or is practicing in the grey, you are mistaken. I bet they are making as many as they can and the QC on them along with the material is amazing and unlike any other stock. And it's not like you can't get one! My dealer just got 5 in and is of course sold out. Stop the whining shell out the extra $75 and buy one on GB, holy crap! Just be thankful they are not $600 and though marked up a bit, readily available!!!
    Bingo. I'm not sure how much we've publicly posted about this, but the development and now production of the UBR was/is a complete nightmare. If you've ever disassembled one of those stocks, you'll see what I mean. The number of complex components is ridiculous, some of which you probably won't even notice. I'm pretty sure our engineers aged 10 years during the 2 years that thing was in development. I once asked Brian if he was worried about someone reverse engineering the UBR. His only response was, "I wish them the best of luck."

Back to the original question: UBRs are in production, but not to the point where supply meets demand. We're working on it, but that particular product is a tough one, and I do apologize for the wait.
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    A lot of Magpul stuff seems to be out of stock lately and some of the people I spoke with said they haven't gotten any word when stuff would come in.

I wonder if they have concentrated most of their resources on magazine production/sales/delivery since they seem to be selling them like crazy.
    Last edited by EzGoingKev; 05-06-09 at 14:29.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    Bingo. I'm not sure how much we've publicly posted about this, but the development and now production of the UBR was/is a complete nightmare. If you've ever disassembled one of those stocks, you'll see what I mean. The number of complex components is ridiculous, some of which you probably won't even notice. I'm pretty sure our engineers aged 10 years during the 2 years that thing was in development. I once asked Brian if he was worried about someone reverse engineering the UBR. His only response was, "I wish them the best of luck."

Back to the original question: UBRs are in production, but not to the point where supply meets demand. We're working on it, but that particular product is a tough one, and I do apologize for the wait.

Nick,

I happend to pick one up in a trade that is missing the storage compartment doors. Is that an optional part I can order and is it something that would be sitting available? It's for a black UBR. Thanks for any info.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I think Magpul has learned their lesson in terms of showing gear that's not 100% ready for prime time, and in trying to give out release dates for same.

I'm hunting a UBR myself but am not anxious enough to start paying a premium for it. I've been scouting Brownells my self due to the $35 lower price for those that qualify for the discount, so I'm not about to start paying a "buy it now" premium for one somebody thinks is made of gold.

Nick, on the subject of complexity, I seem to recall Rich mentioning once that the M93 was a nightmare in terms of complexity, and having melted one (yes, I put my M93 in the oven) I can attest to this complexity. I'm assuming this was "lessons learned" and that they UBR at least improves on the design of the M93?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by txbonds View Post
    Nick,

I happend to pick one up in a trade that is missing the storage compartment doors. Is that an optional part I can order and is it something that would be sitting available? It's for a black UBR. Thanks for any info.
    Shouldn't be a problem - call 1.877.4MAGPUL and talk to Justin Beard, extension 118. He should be able to take care of you. He's a VERY busy guy, so please have some patience if he doesn't get back to you right away.
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Nick, on the subject of complexity, I seem to recall Rich mentioning once that the M93 was a nightmare in terms of complexity, and having melted one (yes, I put my M93 in the oven) I can attest to this complexity. I'm assuming this was "lessons learned" and that they UBR at least improves on the design of the M93?
    The M93 was indeed a nightmare of complexity, and not designed for easy mass production. The UBR is certainly an improvement in terms of manufacturability, durability, functionality, etc., but it is definitely a nightmare in its own way.

On another note, shoot me an email, Rob - I have updates for you on another topic.
    --Nick

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Nick,

Good to see you back around. I assume that your parole officer cut you some slack?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Sell ya mine. The hitch is, it's attatched to a Magpul lower and Noveske upper with all the fixins'.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast