Quote Originally Posted by CKettler View Post
I have my first AR (Noveske 7.5" Diplomat) on order and since I am new to this type of weapon, I'd like some help in choosing ammunition that will work best in this 1 in 7" twist, 7.5" 5.56mm stainless barrel. In this short of an SBR, do any of you have any real-life experience (good or bad) that you'd be willing to share?
I appreciate everyone's input and I truly value it. As a secondary source, I sent my question to Noveske and got this answer back which I think should be valuable to us all.

"...first don't use any steel cased ammo, we have seen scratched chambers from doing so. We like the 77gr black hills ammo and the Hornady 75gr TAP, both shoot under 1MOA out of the 7 1/2". Now, I shoot a 10.5" and I like to go with lighter gr. bullets to get the velocities back up, I think the same would be true for the 7.5". The longer bullets are designed for high ballistic coefficient long range shooting, I don't think you bought your 7.5" for long range snipping. So I really think it makes since to shoot 55gr or lighter projectiles to get your 200yds and under energies back up. I am a reloader and I have shot all the way down to 40gr. ballistic tips with great success out of the 1 in 7 twist. High quality ammo will usually shoot cleaner and be more consistent for grouping. I hope this info helps."