Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removable Carry Handle

Feedback Score

Removable Carry Handle

I bought a removable carry handle on-line from an individual. He claimed it was a pull-off from a Colt. I got it today installed it on my RRA AR-15. I noticed that the rear edge of the carry handle does not line up with the rear of the flat top. Is this normal? Also, is there any way to confirm that this really is a Colt carry handle?

••••••••••••••••••••
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, the fit is normal from all I have seen. Don't know how to confirm it's from a Colt. I bought 3 "Colt take-offs" and they all have different forge marks and have rough flash lines around the inside of the handle - don't know if this is common to Colt handles though.

Feedback Score
    Yep...that's the way they fit. I don't know if it's really a Colt handle, but the alignment is normal. You can even see it in the M4C logo at the upper left corner of this screen.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've never seen a carry handle that didn't fit exactly like that.

Feedback Score
    no experience with carry handle but I have an LMT cut carry handle. it doesn't fit that way

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lanceriley View Post
    no experience with carry handle but I have an LMT cut carry handle. it doesn't fit that way
    +1
    All my Armalite carry handles(older Cardinal Forge marked)match the receiver in the front and rear as well.
    My LMT BUIS's match up perfectly at the rear also.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    the colt M4 I was issued at Ft Knox fit just like that .as long as you are flush at the front you are GTG

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the quality of the picture

This is from my 6721, the fit is exactly as your rifle, it doesn't have the A-8 one the left side as yours does but it does have a "square' on the rightside. There is no 'C' marked anywhere on the handle.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

this is from a colt, as is another with a box forge mark. just because it's got an A# doesn't mean its from a colt, but just because it's not from a colt doesn't mean it isn't the exact same one found on colts.

i actually tried to do some research on the A# forge, couldn't ever figure out what forge it is. been a while, maybe more information is available now.

actually, as i recall, i do remember seeing YOUR forge mark listed as Colt specifically. i wouldnt worry about it.

and every carry handle ive ever had has HELLA forge flash inside the handle.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 05-12-09 at 00:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger View Post
    I bought a removable carry handle on-line from an individual. He claimed it was a pull-off from a Colt. I got it today installed it on my RRA AR-15. I noticed that the rear edge of the carry handle does not line up with the rear of the flat top. Is this normal? Also, is there any way to confirm that this really is a Colt carry handle?

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q...arryHandle.jpg
    I've seen two USGI M4 carbines with similar marking on the carry handle (A1 and A7).

AFAIK the C is not supposed to be on the removable carry handle; I also dont think Colt manufacture his own carry handle...just buy them from somebody else.

btw the fit is the same as my 6731.
    Last edited by Frens; 05-12-09 at 01:28.
    *** Damn Proud to Be an American Ally ! ***

The Armory:
    Colt 6601 - Colt 6731 - Colt 613 - Steyr StG.58 - M1 Carbine - Galil SAR - CZ Scorpion EVO - Franchi PA8 - Glock 17 - Pietta/Colt SAA 1873 - SA 1911A1 Mil Spec - Ruger LCP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast