Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HEADS UP, NEW Noveske 6.8 SPC barrels (1:12 twist) in stock tonight

Feedback Score
    I just wish that LMT would get on the bus and make their good 6.8 barrel a GREAT barrel!!!

All it would take for them is to order the correct spec barrel. I believe that they get their barrels from Mike Rock.
    God Bless and good shootin'!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohibra45 View Post
    I just wish that LMT would get on the bus and make their good 6.8 barrel a GREAT barrel!!!

All it would take for them is to order the correct spec barrel. I believe that they get their barrels from Mike Rock.
    A proper Lmt MRP 6.8 spc barrel correct twist,chamber, 4150 steel chrome lined would be great indeed +1

Feedback Score

Email sent to LMT

Guys, this is an email I sent to Gene at LMT. I hope to get a response, but I'm not holding my breath.....

"Gene,

I am sending you this chart from the guys over at 68forums.com (http://68forums.com/forums/index.php). The chart was made up showing companies that are making the 6.8 SPC rifles and/or uppers. It is a comparison chart and not only has the specs of various barrels/chambers, but reasons for them changing to them.

These people took it upon themselves to test and improve the performance of the cartridge. When it was first introduced, Remington announced that they would produce a round that would do 2800fps with a 110gr bullet. Everyone knows that the chamber specs that Remington sent to SAAMI were not the original ones that Murray (the originator of the 6.8 SPC) designed. Also, Remington didn't use the rifle twist that Murray suggested which was 1/12. They instead used what they had in stock which was 1/10 left over from the 270 Win that they manufactured.

Anyway, if you will notice, even major AR manufacturers Rock River Arms and Stag Arms have joined in and have changed their chambers to the Spec II. The only difference between the SAAMI and Spec II is the 0.100 freebore. This reduces pressure of up to 8000 psi. I know that most pressures are measured in CUP, but the psi is extremely close to the same. With the reduction in pressure, 6.8 SPC rounds have been made to reach the original goals in 16" barrels.

Please take a copy of this 'chart' to the next development meeting and introduce it to Mr. Lewis and the rest of the team.

Thanks for your time. If you can, please let me know what Mr. Lewis and the rest of the team have to say.

Kelly Robinson
    Melbourne, Florida

BTW, I have one of your MRP CQB Piston rifles and am extremely happy with it. I am just waiting for LMT to bring out one of their extremely good barrels with the best possible chamber and twist (preferably Spec II and 1/11.5). Thanks again and here is a link to the chart.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...SUAIBf5cexy1fA "

Rob_s and Paulo, I hope you don't mind me sending the 'chart' to LMT. I am trying to at least give them some current information to look at. Of course, I hope that it will show them that they can make more money by producing a better barrel.
    Last edited by Cohibra45; 05-15-09 at 11:19. Reason: took out phone # and made links hot
    God Bless and good shootin'!!!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    the 6.8 chart has nothing to do with me, other than that Paulo was enough of a gentleman to ask my permission to make it even when he didn't have to.

FWIW, LMT does have copies of my 5.56 chart. I gave it to them at SHOT.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cohibra45 View Post
    Guys, this is an email I sent to Gene at LMT. I hope to get a response, but I'm not holding my breath.....

"Gene,

I am sending you this chart from the guys over at 68forums.com (http://68forums.com/forums/index.php). The chart was made up showing companies that are making the 6.8 SPC rifles and/or uppers. It is a comparison chart and not only has the specs of various barrels/chambers, but reasons for them changing to them.

These people took it upon themselves to test and improve the performance of the cartridge. When it was first introduced, Remington announced that they would produce a round that would do 2800fps with a 110gr bullet. Everyone knows that the chamber specs that Remington sent to SAAMI were not the original ones that Murray (the originator of the 6.8 SPC) designed. Also, Remington didn't use the rifle twist that Murray suggested which was 1/12. They instead used what they had in stock which was 1/10 left over from the 270 Win that they manufactured.

Anyway, if you will notice, even major AR manufacturers Rock River Arms and Stag Arms have joined in and have changed their chambers to the Spec II. The only difference between the SAAMI and Spec II is the 0.100 freebore. This reduces pressure of up to 8000 psi. I know that most pressures are measured in CUP, but the psi is extremely close to the same. With the reduction in pressure, 6.8 SPC rounds have been made to reach the original goals in 16" barrels.

Please take a copy of this 'chart' to the next development meeting and introduce it to Mr. Lewis and the rest of the team.

Thanks for your time. If you can, please let me know what Mr. Lewis and the rest of the team have to say.

Kelly Robinson
    Melbourne, Florida

BTW, I have one of your MRP CQB Piston rifles and am extremely happy with it. I am just waiting for LMT to bring out one of their extremely good barrels with the best possible chamber and twist (preferably Spec II and 1/11.5). Thanks again and here is a link to the chart.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...SUAIBf5cexy1fA "

Rob_s and Paulo, I hope you don't mind me sending the 'chart' to LMT. I am trying to at least give them some current information to look at. Of course, I hope that it will show them that they can make more money by producing a better barrel.
    Glade you did hope some good becomes of it. I would really like to have 6.8 spc rifle length mrp with 16'' barrel and be able to use SSA combat loads and easily swap to 5.56 with just barrel, bolt and mag change.

Feedback Score
    Good going Cohibra,
    I'm sure you are not the first person to have sent this to Gene (I personally sent it to him last year), but it's definitely a good thing for more of us to send LMT the info in a kind, respectful way.
    About a year ago, I spoke with LMT on the phone, and they actually told me that they had originally got together with Hornady and produced their bbls.
    I found this quite ODD, as when I called Hornady soon afterward, they totally agreed about the chambers. Unfortunately, I never could find out specific names as to which Hornady rep actually dealt with LMT, but the whole point was for me to try and confirm how Hornady really felt about the situation. It was quite obvious the Hornady ballisticians were EXTREMELY knowledgeable and well informed on the subject (obviously).
    Of course, at this point, it's best to just look forward in an attempt to see what can be done about this issue in the FUTURE with LMT...
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    WOO HOO......I found my new barrel. Now I just need to decide if I want to order the complete upper and take advantage of the "FREE BLEM LOWER" offer.
    Μολὼν Λαβέ

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Overton-AR View Post
    WOO HOO......I found my new barrel. Now I just need to decide if I want to order the complete upper and take advantage of the "FREE BLEM LOWER" offer.
    I decided to get the upper with the 12.5" Crusader with Switchblock and an AAC 7.62 SD Suppressor (this will be my first 6.8). I'm sending in my certificate for my lower tomorrow. My form 1 has just been received by the BATF. I hope to have a range report in 60-90 days!

I've never built an upper and I didn't want to screw it up, which is why I left it up to the experts.

Feedback Score
    Right from Daniel Defense today

Thank you for coming by and visiting us at SHOT Show. With consideration to customer feedback and recommendations, our 6.8 rifles will be equipped with a 4 groove 1:11 twist CHF barrel w/ an SPC-2 chamber. Length and profile will expand over the coming months based on customer demands.

Cold Hammer Forged Barrels
    Cr Lined
    Mid Gassed
    M4 ramps
    Spec II Chamber
    4 groove
    1:11 twist

The customers speak and Daniel Defense Listens

Can't beat that with a big stick..
    It is legal to hunt, kill, and eat porcupines, armadillos and badgers in Texas.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorhunter View Post
    Sweet,
    Didn't know that guys. Now all we need is an N4 Light Series CHF'd, CL'd, 6.8 bbl from Noveske, and we'll finally have something...
    Exactly what Im looking for, a 12.5" chrome lined, lightweight 6.8 SPC barrel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12