Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Ed Brown Special Forces vs Wilson Combat CQB vs Yost-Bonitz 1* Springfield Armory GI

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Fair enough. I kept track of my round counts on one 1911 untill a little past 11k, then I just stopped. I don't track any of them anymore, I'd rather just worry about training.

Feedback Score
    As much as I love 1911's and have been issued and owned them for 30+ years this article is a good example of why I don't bother with them anymore. I guess I don't love them enough.

Feedback Score

Wilson, Tripp Cobra, ACT & CMC

Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    I would wager that the Tripp 8 Round Gen II Cobra Mag would work. Best spring, tube,and follower that I have ever seen in 30 years. I have shot the rest, and recently tested, and continue to test the Cobra Mag. YMMV

www.trippresearch.com

...Have all functioned flawlessly in all 5 Ed Brown I have owned. Cobras are my current favorite, but Browns my Browns love them all!

Feedback Score
    I may have to eat my words. i just looked at a Wilson CQB the other day and Loved It. Haven't had a Wilson in quite a while. The price is out of control at $2249 though. I'm checking with Sporting Arms to see what they can offer me.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelshooter View Post
    As much as I love 1911's and have been issued and owned them for 30+ years this article is a good example of why I don't bother with them anymore. I guess I don't love them enough.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I may have to eat my words. i just looked at a Wilson CQB the other day and Loved It. Haven't had a Wilson in quite a while. The price is out of control at $2249 though. I'm checking with Sporting Arms to see what they can offer me.
    Seems high but Wilsons are priced pretty well for what you get. NHC's are a little more $$, Ed Browns and Les Baers are a little less $$. The $2000 range is the sweet spot for the 1911. You get the most for your money at this range.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I was buying new today, sight unseen, I'd choose the CQB. Many dealers can get you much better deals than "list".

Feedback Score
    I have a few (OK 4) Les Baer TRS' and have never paid more than $1699. The CQB is available at Bud's gun Shop for $1970. They also have the railed version for $100 more but I've lost interest in rails on 1911's. I'm also looking for prices on Nighthawk 10-8's although I think Nighthawks are even more overpriced than Wilson. I had a few CQB's 6 or seven years ago and they were problematic but i understand they are better now. The one I looked at sure is nice.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112