Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: M4 Cheek Weld Options?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Don't laugh, but CAA makes a set of two different cheek pieces that fit M4 stocks.

I haven't tried them, but I have a CAA stock saddle which is great — again, don't laugh, but it's on par with MagPul quality.

Bimmer
    I also use a CAA stock saddle and like it a lot. It's a cheap and easy add on to you M4 stock. For the price I'll take it over the SOPMOD any day.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It sounds like posters here may be experiencing a failure in technique rather than a failure of the stock. A little correct instruction and your cheek weld problems would most likely disappear.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

CAA cheek riser

I have an AK w/ a side-mount russian red-dot and M4 style stock. I use the CAA cheek riser (the higher model) and it does a great job of establishing a consistent and comfortable cheekweld. The CAA part is like $14.95. Highly recommended if you just need a HIGHER cheekweld. If you want a better, one....better stocks would be advised.

Feedback Score
    sopmod and emod are your best bet, pick one depending on your needs. Any higher and you'll interfere with the charging handle as said before.

Feedback Score
    If you haven't tried the SOPMOD...............Do it!!!!!!!!! You'll like it!!!
    God Bless and good shootin'!!!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I really like both the Emod & SOPMOD from handling. I use a VLTOR Modstock now which I really like the cheek weld its just too low and I thought maybe there was something to be done. I know I can "train" to use it well, but there is a reason that pro shooters who "can" have their stocks fitted, so if its possible it is better to have a perfectly fitted stock than to train to fit the gun. Obviously in this case I will have to train to fit the gun.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    the modstock might actually be your problem. have you tried a regular m4/CTR/regular modstock adapters?

the sopmod style (wide cheekweld) doesnt actually fit everyone- some people's facial structure nullifies the advantage of the wide cheekweld if the cheekbone is too low or the jaw too wide- most of the complaints i've seen with the sopmod are that shooter's jaw is hitting the stock, preventing a good cheekweld.
    Last edited by bkb0000; 05-13-09 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Its not the stock. I love the cheek weld. I just have beautifully High cheek bones

I've had to put leather comb risers on all my non-fitted stocks because of my cheek bones. I'm Curse-Eyed Dominant and Cheek-Challenged I should be pitied

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    The cheek bone does not need to be part of the cheek-weld, but rather the skin and muscle (and fat in some people's case ) of the cheek itself. The tissue is bunched up with downward pressure between the cheek bone and stock, forming what we technically call "Chipmunk Cheek".

Regardless, things like carry-handle mounted optics and piggy-backed MRDs on COGS are excessively high, forcing users into "chin-weld", which does suck indeed, and is the leading reason to get a railed upper.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 05-14-09 at 00:43. Reason: carry-handle
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I figured out the answer...I'm going to have to start chewing Red Man again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast