View Poll Results: What should I do with my Converted Colt SP1?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • XM-177 Commando - for investment purposes.

0 0%
  • XM-177 Commando - shoot it anyway.

5 10.00%
  • M-4A1 - shoot the hell out of it!!

33 66.00%
  • Leave as it is - for investment purposes.

1 2.00%
  • Leave as it is - shoot it anyway.

3 6.00%
  • Don't give a crap - quit wasting bandwidth.

9 18.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Got my Class III SP1

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    A Full Auto .50 Beowolf? That would definitely be interesting, to say the least.
    they have a video of one on YouTube somewhere.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Plus, it will always be worth a lot of money. There is ZERO chance that the NFA will be repealed and no real chance of the 86 ban being repealaed. Just put the upper and furniture in storage (that is what I did). So, theoretically I can just repark the lower later if I need to "restore it" which I wont.
    I agree. It's worth a lot because it's a transferable machinegun receiver, not because it's some particular variant of M16. Don't do anything that might screw up the receiver, but otherwise set it up however you want and run it.

The only case where I'd even consider leaving it alone is if it were a true classic Colt with 100% original parts and in near new condition, but I'd never spend $15K on a safe queen in the first place.
    Last edited by dbrowne1; 05-15-09 at 13:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    I didn't see the selection in the poll that says to Will it to me....I'll keep it warm when you're gone!
    LOL. There's a very long line of "friends" who keep asking me to add them onto my Trust.

Ran 26-rounds of S&B, 40-rounds of Wolf, and over a hundred rounds of .22LR through it with my LWRC 10.5-inch upper on it yesterday. Not a single issue.

I never thought it could be this much fun shooting .22LR on full auto!! The sucker sounds almost like a minigun. The only down side it is doesn't take much to burn through the 25-rounds my BD mags hold. I need to either find a speed loader or a 100-round .22LR drum that works.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    ...and over a hundred rounds of .22LR through it with my LWRC 10.5-inch upper on it yesterday. Not a single issue.
    I didn't know you could use a .22LR conversion bolt on gas piston uppers. Is it a special kind/brand of .22 conversion kit? Or does the CMMG (which is the one I have) work on gas piston uppers? I have an LWRC too, is why I ask.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    shoot the hell out of it. if it breaks repair it. for the love of god, have a great time with it. it was money that u had to sweat to earn, so enjoy it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Firstly, congratulations! In my opinion the M16 is absolutely the most versatile transferable fullauto one can have.....relatively inexpensive parts (especially compared to HK items) and the ability to fully perform all armorer support on your own rifle. You must be ecstatic.

Now onto semantics. It is not a "class-3" firearm. Class-3 refers to a type of FFL who deals in NFA items. It is a title-2 firearm. Sorry to pee in your Wheaties; it is just a pet peeve of mine when people say "class-3" firearm/weapon/etc as it is wholly inproper terminology.....analogous to referring to a magazine as a "clip" in my opinion.

As for what configuration and the affect on its value, given that your rifle is not a factory machinegun, you are not going to hurt the value by changing configurations. So swap it around to your heart's content. I would probably not paint it just due to the fact that I really like the Colt gray anodizing, but this is truly a personal preference. Your converted SP1 will retain all of its value and continue to go up in price regardless of how you configure it. My vote is that you configure it however you most want to shoot it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RetreatHell View Post
    I didn't know you could use a .22LR conversion bolt on gas piston uppers. Is it a special kind/brand of .22 conversion kit? Or does the CMMG (which is the one I have) work on gas piston uppers? I have an LWRC too, is why I ask.
    It's the run of the mill Ceiner .22LR Conversion kit with FA capability. Incidentally, Ceiner makes CMMG's kits for them as well so there really isn't any difference otehr than the mark on te box.

I went through another 100+ rounds of .22 and 20 rounds of Wolf today, this time using my LMT 10.5-inch upper with my YHM SS Phantom attached. I didn't need my hearing protection and had absolutely no malfunction.

I think I'm gonna buy a dedicated upper for use with the .22 kit.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    M4A-1, but do not paint it. If you ever need or decide to sell, the paint will kill the value by a bunch.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Shooting .223 ammo.

First mag was 26-rounds of S&B and the second mag was 20-rounds of Wolf Polymer. The upper is my LWRC 10.5. Notice how much recoil it produces.

I was shooting at this IDPA practice target at about 10-yards. The 26-round burst was aimed at the UCOM and the 20-round burst was aimed at the head (I forgot to adjust for offset both times):

.22LR on Full-Auto
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 05-18-09 at 17:41.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    you suck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123