Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is getting rediculous...ammo prices

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)
    http://www.natchezss.com/Ammo.cfm?co...201000RD%20BOX

you ain't kidding , I seen two of these in stock yesterday for $429 each, too bad I don't have extra cash right now.
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Natchez got ridiculous quite a while ago...
    Yes, they have. For a long time, they were my sole source of ammo due to competitive prices and reliable delivery. Now they ask 50 cents for a round of 9 mm FMJ and a dollar for a round of green tip...I hope that all their clientele leaves and never comes back, even when prices stabilize.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caporider View Post
    Both AIM Surplus and Palmetto State Armory have really held the line on ammo pricing. They will be getting much more business from me when I am back in the market for ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by warpigM-4 View Post
    AIM and widener are the only two I use they seem to be part of the Non rape you crowd
    HERE HERE ! ! ! I recently bought some of the Privi 69 grain and a bit more 5.45 from Aim at pre insanity prices. I agree after the nuttiness subsides I will buy more from all three. above.

IPSC_GUY
    SIERRA II ALPHA

Feedback Score
    Cabelas has some decent sales this weekend at their stores on 223.

Feedback Score
    Still have not resorted to using .223 but if I was out of 5.56mm I could possibly slum it and do that.

Feedback Score
    What a great time to be in the ammunition business.

Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Edited to add: I meant 50 million primers not 50 million dollars.
    There's a difference?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sometimes I hate being a student of economics. Supply and demand, combined with the perception of supply side scarcity, will drive a commodity's price point to the celling.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    1 I can't believe that everyone did not see this situation coming a long time ago. I did and I am far from the sharpest tool in the shed. Did you guys not experience the same thing back during the 1990s gun grab, I did. Does the phrase "be prepared" sound familiar?

2. I don't understand all the hate, it's not like Natchezs and every other dealer doesn't have to pay for their ammo and still make a profit. They are not the manufacture are they? Everybody on this board wants to make absolutely as much money as they can(or they are an idiot or liar), but when a company does it it is all the sudden it is raping or price gouging<(which it isn't BTW) or whatever.

3. I damn sure don't want anyone telling me what I can charge for my goods or service's, so I guess I won't be telling others what they can charge(other than with my wallet). People buying it to hoard and or for resale are causing the problem along with the fact that there is a war being fought in Iraq and Afghanistan and Pakistan. The speculators may make money or they may lose money, sounds like good ole capitalism to me.

4. If the price is too high the price will drop, if it is selling the price is not too high obviously. Those who say they won't be buying from so and so when the price drops back make me laugh, I will buy from whom ever is the cheapest.

This is just my opinion, then again what the hell do I know?
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 10MMGary View Post
    1 I can't believe that everyone did not see this situation coming a long time ago. I did and I am far from the sharpest tool in the shed.
    Same here.

The panic should have set in after the primary elections. McCain is no better friend to the gun owners than Ali Bama. We would be fighting bans no matter which bum took office.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123