Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who likes H&K's P7s and doesn't think they are a waste of $$$??

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    Oh, I forgot to add- my FFL has two P-somethings with mag releases on the butt. ... They have, I belive, the BMI mark that has lines through it on the slide- not the usual machined area.
    That's like mine, a German Police trade-in.

I enjoy shooting it, but I haven't employed as a carry gun. Like everyone else has said, it's certainly not comfortable for extended sessions unless your shooting gloves are oven mits.

I've shot the M13 variant some, as a friend had one. Nice, but the added grip girth wasn't well-suited to me.

I've seen the 40-cal version for sale every now and then. They reportedly work well, despite looking like Hi-Point assited with the design concept. To me, they appear afflicted with firearm hydrocephalus, or bring to mind the scene from So I Married an Axe Murderer... "Heeeeead, down!"

Anyway, as was mentioned, they generally hold their value well, so if you try one out and decide to sell, you can likely recoup your investment.
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    It's my main CCW choice and I have a pair of them. Very thin, easy to conceal.
    I also prefer the early PSPs.

Feedback Score
    My first choice for carry is a P7M8, but luckily the P7M13 fits the holsters also.
    Just need different mag carriers, and Matt or Lou will be glad to fix you up.

Pretty dang good group on that test target!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I picked up the new N4 lower today and took another "gander" at the pair of P7s. I think they are 5 digit serials- yes, they are 5 digit and start in the 40's. I think one is 4x507 and the other is 4x513 or so...

They are indeed marked with the scratched-through BMI and do NOT have a date code but DO have "10/82" engraved on the slides with what looked to be the same tooling that did the strikeouts through the BMI.

They have one mag and are in 70% condition but they surely aren't plum- just worn blueing. Old sights, non refurbished guns...

Trio- I would almost be certain that you ought to have that pistol cocked as you align your sights on your would be target, no? Just like you'd have the safety off on your 1911?

As a side note, Chuck got two 6920s in this week for customers. One had a fingerprint or drip of oil on the barrel before phosphating that STAYED silver! The large mark was forward of the FSB.

Another side note, what's an early 90's green label 20" rifle worth? I think the serial number had a CH in front of it. A2 stock, A2 upper, shaved bayo lug, plain barrel with brake that is set-screwed on. CMP 1/7 5.56 barrel. VERY nice almost unused condition with a 5 or 10 round POS mag...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Edwin- you have way to many of each of the finer things in life. Which of those 3 are you looking to sell me?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    certainly you want your weapon to be at the ready...

but, when you draw a 1911, do you disengage the thumb safety while it is still in the holster?

or do you

a) draw, then disengage

or
    b) drop the thumb safety as you draw

with the squeeze cocker there is no way to not be in positive contact with the safety...with the adrenaline pushing when you grab that gun it would be very easy to disengage the holster as soon as you grabbed it...

I am sure with training this risk becomes de minimis...but still...just food for thought...

again, I loved mine, and carried it some....just something to consider

Feedback Score
    First post....

Thanks to Rob S for pointing me to this forum.

I have a P7M8 that I carry daily. For holsters checkout Matt Delfatti, http://www.delfatti.com/the best option for P7 leather.

I saw that you mentioned park cities tactical. That would be you best source for P7 info.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Hey welcome! Are you the guy on PCT with the del fatti leather link in your sig?

Why does Jupiter FL seem so familiar? I just saw a movie or TV show that mentioned Jupiter FL...

Feedback Score
    A couple of issues here.

As a primary tactical pistol, the P7 is dated and not my first choice as far as being an efficient pice of gear. I have carried a P7M13 in a primary tactical pistol role in the early 90's while in a specialized unit, but ended up with a 1911 in that role. I have owned M8's and even the .40 and a K3, but there is only one P7 that makes sense to me these days, and that is the PSP/P7.

Here is why. I have a P7 (pre M series, with the flush heel release). It has very little blueing left on it as I have had this thing for an awfully long time and only had Josh Bulman do some leather for it in the last year. The reason for this is it is my favorite "shove" gun.

What's a "shove" gun? Its that gun you just shove in your pants, or a pocket, or under your leg in the car, or shove in a small fanny pack or the pocket or pouch of a backpack....etc. I carry a P7 like most folks carry a small revolver.

Thinking of the P7 in snubnose revolver terms, it rules the day. It is flatter, it is the "safest" gun I own for holsterless carry and to be shoved in weird places, it is a whole lot easier to hit stuff, as anyone will tell you they are both fast and have exceptional triggers, they have low recoil and are very controllable, and they hold almost twice the ammo. SO how does your model 60 look now................ .

The heel release............the spare mag (if I even have one) is buried in my pocket. The beauty of this is that it has NEVER had the mag pop out when I didn't want it to.......i can't say this about all my autos.

Heat............how many 250 round sessions you doing with your snub? Hell, the P7 doesn't even have the heatshield that the M series do. You want to shoot that much, or competitively, get a GLock.

That is the deal with me, its my "anti-Glock". I refuse to carry a Glock without a holster, and my P7 rarely sees one. I shoot the crap out of my Glocks with high round training sessions, and I take my time with my P7, and generally shoot from how its carried and with a purpose. The P7 is heavy for its size-the Glock is light. The P7 is flat and sits very low in the hand-the GLocks are fat. THe P7 has a very light, crisp trigger-the Glock......well its kinda of light and spongy. I store my Glocks at over 6ft. and totally out of reach of my kid-the p7 is about as kid proof as you can get.

The only major drawback is that my gun hates 147gr. 9mm that is my prefered round, so I carry 124's in it.

For those wanting to suppress an exotic euro gun, the HK p9 is hard to beat in this role. The P7 is not the way to go.

trio................I have no clue what you are talking about. What safety? What de-cocker? You squeeze the grip on the draw and the striker is cocked, you release the grip when you come off target and the weapon is both un-cocked and the trigger is totally dead............what's the issue.

If it was me, I'd jump on one of the German trade ins (carried alot, shot a little).
    "Cpl ##### is condescending and abrassive towards coworks who don't follow directions" my favorite evaluation quote........if I'm like that at work, you should see me on the internet .

"Even if I order you to trim your mustache, you're going to totally ignore me, huh".-another favorite supervisor "discussion".

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nyeti covered it pretty well

I am another fan of the PSP

It is the one pistol that I can leave in the safe for months and still get one ragged hole in the target the next time I shoot it

Around here the BMI guns go for more like $600-$750 the last time I checked...

I have come very close to leaving my fav shop with another one on several occaisions

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast