Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Is The SR-25 So Expensive?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Why Is The SR-25 So Expensive?

Is it due to the quality/testing of the rifle or the limited quantities out there. I don't exactly see them on every street corner.
    Have Fun, Be Safe

Feedback Score
    while it is an extremely high quality rifle and is very limited in quantity. i think that the reason is so expensive is mostly because of the same reasons that everything else that knights produces is so expensive.

its says knights armament on it. /end thread

while i would love to own some knights products, i probably never will because of how outrageously expensive they are. im not willing to pay 4k for an SR-15 when i can get an LMT for about 1k, pimp it out with all kinds of awesome nice stuff, and still be under 2k. that gives me another $2,000 to spend on training, ammo, or other stuff i need, like red meat.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A government contractor is usually forbidden from selling the same item to the public for less then it sells to the government. Some vendors merely discount the price to the government from their normal pricing. I believe that KAC wants to preserve the value of the brand, and chooses to charge more to the public, rather then vice versa...

Feedback Score
    shivan, so they sell to the .gov at their normal pricing and then hike it up for civilian sales?

Feedback Score
    If you're looking for reasons, there are no reasons.

Besides, in the age of $10,000 SCAR's on gunbroker, a $7,610 SR-25 is a great bargain
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    while it is an extremely high quality rifle and is very limited in quantity. i think that the reason is so expensive is mostly because of the same reasons that everything else that knights produces is so expensive.

its says knights armament on it. /end thread

while i would love to own some knights products, i probably never will because of how outrageously expensive they are. im not willing to pay 4k for an SR-15 when i can get an LMT for about 1k, pimp it out with all kinds of awesome nice stuff, and still be under 2k. that gives me another $2,000 to spend on training, ammo, or other stuff i need, like red meat.

For the record, this last batch of E3's that came out was going for a little over half of the $4k price that you quote.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Goodtimes View Post
    shivan, so they sell to the .gov at their normal pricing and then hike it up for civilian sales?
    I can't say that's true, but I am almost 100% certain they consider government and LE sales first so it stands to reason that is accurate.

I don't think that's a bad thing, and it's obviously why the brand name is so highly valued.

Feedback Score
    im def not dogging them for what they do. they make some of the nicest weapons ive ever seen. if i had the money i would certainly throw some their way for an SR-15, or better yet, if i had that much money i could probably become a class III dealer and get my self an SR-16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmguy View Post
    For the record, this last batch of E3's that came out was going for a little over half of the $4k price that you quote.
    so were they more like $2200 ish? i didnt just pull the 4k price out of my ass, thats what the local gun shop had one for. but then again, their selling windowed p mags for... are you ready, make sure you dont have food in your mouth............ $39.95!!!! and ill tell you what, they got plenty of them!

they also are selling stripped lower receivers for 299. i really dont get that shop though, sometimes they have some really awesome deals in there? i try my best to avoid buying from them, but some times they have such great deals i would hate to pass them up. i wont buy their 40 dollar pmags though.

Feedback Score
    Retail price on the SR15E3 is $2200. KAC has not raised the price even given the shortage of rifles.

It has some nice things, including a hammer forged barrel. Here is mine:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast